Guide To Zalero- Wardens (Wah'rrdzhen)

[No pic because I am bad at art]

-Wardens, known as Wah’rrdzhen in their tongue, are a sapient race of mammals native to the Landmass of Ossavaa. They are tall, muscular, and wide with pangolin-like scales adorning their head, shoulders, and back, all the way to their stumpy tails… Unlike pangolins, however, there’s only one armor scale per vertebra.

-Their faces look rather human-like, with some exceptions. The most obvious is the “helmet”, the specialized armor scale on their head. The helmet is the longest scale present on a Warden, due to a large protrusion that goes around 3 inches beyond the skull. The nasal bridge goes down in a perpendicular angle from two inches behind the tip of the helmet. Horn-like structures appear just behind the eye, and curve forward to go just ahead of it. The horns also go back, to, making a T-shape. They have pointy ears.

-A Warden’s pectorals and abs are covered by a leather thicker than anywhere else on his body. A Warden female’s breasts are usually proportionately smaller than a human female’s, though there have been some exceptions. A Warden’s limbs are very muscular, even when a Warden doesn’t exercise. The arms are bulkier than the legs. The hands can get as big as the smallest Bonkle G2 box, and the fingers end in tiny claws. The foot resembles an elephant’s, although their immobile toes jut a bit more forward. The soles are hard enough to make shoes or boots unnecessary.

-Wardens reach maturity faster than humans, the trade-off being that they have shorter lifespans (50-60 to a human’s 70-80). They don’t eat as often as humans, as digestion takes long. Their brains are primitive, much like a Neanderthal’s: not exactly smart, but they can hold a society just fine. Their war against humanity has stretched more than a millennia, though the cause has been lost to time. Compared to the human’s peaceful, serene society, Wardens are much more war-like, rigid, and militaristic. If a Warden isn’t cut out for war, then he is banished from all villages, left to be hunted by dangerous predators such as the Uzrakh or the Grehygna. While the human’s technology level resembles that of 1400’s Europe (no cannons, there isn’t a China to invent gunpowder), The Warden’s haven’t advanced very far technologically, being at a tribal state.

-Many tribes make up the Warden’s society, each having at least two villages. The leader of all tribes, the “Ahr’kyhrn”(Battlemaster), serves until his death or he gets too soft. There have been no female Ahr’kyhrn. The role was named after the first Warden to assume the position. Warden names consist of three-lettered family name, and then the name, separated by an apostrophe. For example: Tho’lmus. The apostrophe doesn’t affect pronunciation. The Warden tongue in general uses a LOT of H’s. Notable families include Ahr, Kes, Ryi, Ohn, and Tre.

ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES VS. HUMANS
Warden:

• Stronger
  • Reaches maturity faster
  • Less food and water required
  • Better soldiers and combatants
  • More durable and resilient

Human:

• More complex brain
  • Longer lifespan
  • Faster reproduction rate
  • Technologically superior
  • Generally smell better

Other Guide Entries:
Fauna
Landmasses

5 Likes

Very interesting, may I ask what this is for (I apologize that I don’t have any context)?

1 Like

It’s a universe I’ve been working on.
So far I’ve made two other topics.

1 Like

I like the concept a lot. Would it be ok if someone were to try to draw a Warden?

1 Like

Definitely. I’ve tried to drawn them myself but I’m trash.

1 Like

shouldn’t this go in literature?

Changed Category to Literature ~ thatguynamedJoe

1 Like

0/10 no memes.
/s
Nice job Hewkii, I never expected you to be a writer, but it turns out you’re preeety good.

1 Like

But Grodd claims humans have a foul body odor. Does this mean the Wardens smell worse?

1 Like

At least those human meatbags shower routinely

1 Like

@HewkiiDaKohliiHead how accurate is this?

1 Like

I had something different envisioned, but this is too darn awesome to not make the official design.
Like, seriously, I knew you were capable of lots, but this is bad-***.
The only real complaint I have is that the scales should really only be on the back. @Folk

I tried with human like arms and it looked insanely wrong not gonna lie xD but eitherway thanks man!

1 Like