2059: Big in Japan (Signups)

While Gravity Hurts is indeed a fine song, I was making a reference to the above one.

1 Like

Ammy is a goddess, but she isn’t infallible, nor omnipotent, unlike how the Christian god is said to be. She can technically be “killed,” though it’s more “banished from this plane of existence for a really long time while she recharges.” However, it’s enough time that, for the sake of this RP, it’s death.

1 Like

Wow. So.

I gotta step in. Normally I wouldn’t but in this case… yeah. Lucifer and God. I’m not opposed to allowing characters named or based on biblical/religious figures, however, making characters that specifically ARE those characters is a much less gray area. Amaterasu is obviously more akin to a god of the Greek Pantheon, as opposed to the actual Christian God.

So yeah, @TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika, please rework those to at least be a little less obviously God and the Devil, cause the last thing I want to deal with is all the potential backlash that could come of that.

Thanks,
~Hawkeye

8 Likes

Yeah I partly did that as a joke which is kind of why I changed the topic to gravity hurts

1 Like

She’s a Japanese one, iirc. One of my friends has been playing Okami on stream recently, but I don’t watch all his streams, and Okami doesn’t interest me all too much.

1 Like

Heresy of the highest degree.

And she is, hence why I chose her for a Japan RP. In fact, this Ammy is based not only on the mythological Amaterasu, but also quite a bit on the Okami Amaterasu.

3 Likes

I’ve never really found Japanese history/religion/culture interesting, and I had a look at the gameplay, didn’t really appeal to me. Still cool though.

1 Like

Fair enough.