2059: The Dark Reflection

Elias paused, then charged at Gamemark once more.
Bruce and Katrina formed multitudes of lights from their suits and shone them at the King.

1 Like

The shadow King laughed as the light attacks sid nothing to him.
Fools! I am beyond that power! My darkness transcends both Time and Space!” he declared, as he transformed into a giant…thing. it was an indescribable mass, a horrid shadow beast:

The Shadow King cackled with delight as he swarmed about the pocket dimension, ever-growing in size.
“It’s too powerful for our light attacks! What should we do?!” Mark asked the others.
@meepinater
@Diero
@Toa_Radrix

“Don’t die?” Connor suggested.

Elias shot a shadow spike at Gamemark.

1 Like

Gamemark caught the Shadow spike in his hand, reforming it into a blade as he swung it at Elias.

Suddenly, a portal opened nearby and Jack, Mary, Logan and Sophia came out.
“We finally found you!” Said Jack.

Elias glanced at Jack, and the blade cut into him. He flew into a wall and slumped down.

Logan and Sophia ran towards Bruce.
“Dad!” Logan yelled. “Whatcha doin?!”
Bruce, startled, whirled around.
“Oh, no.” Katrina gasped.

1 Like

Mark and Sadie echoed Bruce and Katrina’s reaction to their children.
“Jack! I told you to stay put. You and your sister were supposed to be protecting Logan and Sophia!” He scolded.
“It was…actually my idea.” Mary confessed.
“I’m sorry mom and dad, I was just worried about you. I thought something bad happened…” she said, as she began sobbing a little.
Mark sighed, as he stroked Mary’s hair and hugged Jack.
“Dont worry. No matter what, I would always at least make sure nothing bad happened to you.” he says softly.

Gamemark sarcastically clapped at the scene.
“My, so touching.” He hissed.

“Too bad you all have to be destroyed.” He said, As The Shadow King rose before them.

Elias, from his positon on the ground, staggered as he stood up.
“No.” he rasped, extending his hands.
He began to shrink all the shadows in the room.

1 Like

@meepinater
@Diero
@Jcton
@Toa_Radrix
The Shadow King glanced at Elias in confusion.

Mark turned to Richard.
“Now!” He declared.

Richard nodded, activating Project: Sol as he tossed it at The Shadow King.

Suddenly, the disk broke apart as there was a bright flash of light and a bang sound. The Shadow King hissed as his form grew smaller.
“Keep hitting it with all you got!” Richard shouted to the others.

They all attacked the Shadow King, who grew smaller and smaller as more of his essence was drained. He was eventually reduced to a small, frail figure.

Suddenly, a rift in the sky opened, and golden chains shot out and wrapped around The Shadow King. Mark looked up to see a group of angels holding the chains. Just as quickly, they yanked The Shadow King threw the portal and disappeared.

Meanwhile, The Dark Heroes slipped past the others while they were distracted.
“Well, it seems that our master has failed us. Perhaps we should look for a new employer.” Said Gamemark, as he opened a portal. The other Dark Heroes followed him through.

All the heroes were now all alone, at the gates of Shadowspace.
“Finally, it’s over. I think…” mark said as he looked around at the silent, somewhat peaceful scene.

Richard suddenly winced, as he realized something.

“Uhh, guys? I hate to break up a happy moment, but how exactly are we getting home?”

Mark looked around and started silently panicking, as he realized what Richard had said.

“Uh oh.”

To be Continued…