2059: The Invasion

Connor blinked, pulling his hand out of Millie’s.
“What was that?” He asked, suddenly cautious. “Don’t tell me you have a thing for me, too.”

“You are like five years younger than me!” Millie smirked, attempting to lighten the mood “our family has just had a problem with everyone dying all the time, I kinda felt sympathetic, plus the entire time you weren’t here Isabel went on about you and-”
Isabel hit her, lightly, Millie hit her back and almost immediately they were kind of fighting (but not painfully)
@meepinater

Connor shook his head, dispelling the feelings.
“Right. Sorry. I got a little… weird there.” He offered an awkward smile to Isabel.

“Yeah, Millie’s good at making things awkward…” Isabel smirked, no one spoke for about five minutes
“SEE THAT WAS ON YOU HAH!” Millie smiled, Isabel looked again and again five minute silence
“Okay, That was on me…” Millie sighs

Connor chuckled.
“You two are quite the pair.” He teased.

“Well, my great grandfather and her great aunt got up to a few things ‘cough cough you guys style cough cough’ and since they hung out a lot, out grandfather’s became best friends, so their kids became besties and now I only ever hang out with her because FAMILY!” Millie sighs “that and I’m a weirdo nobody likes…”

“Us guys’ style? Don’t blame that on me, I just got caught up in the moment!”

“We did both start but it was mostly on me…” Isabel blushes
“I know, maybe I should tell your father!” Millie smirks
“My father would kill me and Connor…” Isabel pauses
@meepinater

“Don’t!” Connor said. “My dad’ll skin me alive if he finds out!”

“With your dad, it’s a joke, with my dad, he would…” Isabel sighs
“At least the scars have healed!” Millie smirks “You know, before you, me Isabel and one of our friends met this super hot old dude”

“Super hot old dude? Typically those four words don’t occur in that order, or in the same sentence.” Connor quipped.

“He was called Antipatros…” Isabel smirks “allow me to tell you all about Millie’s exploits!”
“He was hot, he was strong, he was a master assassin!” Millie smirks “Better then anyone you’ve dated…”
“That’s not hard!” Isabel sighs
“The only not complete scumbag was Connor!” Millie smirks
@meepinater

“‘Not complete?’ And we never really dated. It was more like a one-and-done kinda thing.” Connor protested.

1 Like

“I think he’s better than ‘not complete scumbag’ Millie!” Isabel sighs
“Whatever!” Millie sighs
“Well…” Isabel starts
“William tried to flirt with me within a week, Blake made out with other girls throughout the entire relationship, Lewis worked with Kyro and Donald was… Donald, excluding Connor it sucks” Millie sighs “Your luck is still better than mine though…”
@meepinater

“Me?” Connor repeated. “My best friend was captured, my mom died, my girlfriend died and then came back to life, and I’m honestly not sure what to think about the whole thing!” He said, slightly upset.

“My grandfather abandoned us, my father beat my mother, helped terrorists, threatened to murder my mother and if I told her then he’d kill everyone, I made friends with Millie until he tried to take her from me, then when I finally meet someone I can properly settle down with, bam, I die, my dad dies, my mother dies and I come back, spend weeks on and looking for someone only for him to fear me almost instantly and practically not want me there!” Isabel half yells

Connor blinked.
“Whoa, calm down there, Isabel.”

“I WOKE UP AS KYRO’S SCIENCE EXPERIMENT, NORMAL PEOPLE DON’T CONTROL WATER!” Isabel yells she sighs and goes red in the face, she feels like an absolute idiot
“Oh boy, I feel so stupid!” She sighs
@meepinater

“Hey, hey, it’s alright.” Connor said, reaching out and resting his hand on top of Isabel’s.
“I can help you, if you want. You’re not stupid.” He smiled softly.

“Does that mean you like her?” Millie chuckles