2059: The Invasion

Catherine sighed as she dawns her armor, and she heads out to find Tempest.

Renegade would duck down into the larger hole and attach his feet to the underside of the pebbles, walking along in a straight line on the underside of the pebbles.

Elias looked at the plague doctors. “Sadie, run. I’ve got this.” The shadows darkened to the point where the enemies would barely be able to see.
@Khalsa721

Connor faced Impulse. “Impulse? What are you doing here?! I thought you got captured!”
"Yeah, well, I escaped." Impulse replied, sounding proud of himself.

He’d be pretty successful, as there wasn’t anything stopping him and they were just pebbles.[quote=“Mctoran, post:4761, topic:49148”]
There wasn’t much else in the room- Besides some research notes, and cultist memorabilia.

Anatomy charts were pinned to the wall, as well as what seemed to be formulas for various chemical concoctions. Alchemy books and spell books were among the many texts ih the room’s library. And the old book in Carlie’s hand, seemed to be some sort of “bible” for the plague doctor cult.
[/quote]

Carlie tossed it to the side, and had [ Danger Line ] smash the room so more, looking for any other secret exits.[quote=“Mctoran, post:4899, topic:49148”]
Magnus flew over to where Einhver was. “What are you doing here?” he asked.
[/quote]

She gestured to the congregation of Marks. “Seeing to this, however it seems that someone already was dealing with it.”

“Wait, what are you talking about?” Magnus asked, as the Marks had already been gone by that point.

@L.O.S.S-KAL
Charbydis attempted to dodge the blasts of acid, but some of his armor had melted away.

Mark continued fighting with Plague Knight. Plague Knight hovered into the air and shot blasts of red energy at Mark, who rolled out of the way and dodged. Plague Knight then conjured a blade from nanites and swung at Mark. “If only you were willing to embrace humanity’s ascention and evolution! Earth could become a paradise!” Plague Knight said as he sparred with Mark.
“Really? What kind of ‘paradise’ is created by the massacre of almost all of humanity?!” Mark questioned as swung wildly at Plague Knight with his blade.

“The kind of paradise that people are willing to risk their lives for…”

@Khalsa721
@Bramsley
@meepinater
@Jcton
Simon and Trevor attempted to shoot Sadie, Elias, O2 and Tempest with their guns.

Meanwhile, the Mark army traveled through the tunnels like some subterranean race.

Caesar picks up the plague doctor book and starts looking through it for anything useful. @Mctoran

He would find a sort of prophecy.
It read-
…and when the Prophesized One arrives, he shall bring with him the heralding of The Great Transition, in which our saviors will arrive from the heavens, to cleanse mankind of their sins and salvage the worthy to live in paradise…

“Well that’s certainly ominous. Did you find anything else? There wasn’t really anything on the upper floors.” @Omega_Tahu

Malfector vanished from the fate, appearing again at the front door of the mansion. He kicked the door open, and entered the building.

Elias quickly formed a shadow wall, blocking the bullets.

“Hmm.” Einhver flies towards the hole the Marks had entered.[quote=“Diero, post:4911, topic:49148”]
“Well that’s certainly ominous. Did you find anything else? There wasn’t really anything on the upper floors.”
[/quote]

“Not yet.” She replies, continuing to have 「Danger Line」 punch holes in the wall and floor in search for some secret mechanism or opening, however small.

Malfector held up a bulky screen like device that began to scan the Mansion for load bearing walls.

By this time, all the marks were gone, seemingly disappeared.

Meanwhile, in Space…
The last remaining large chunk of the Thanatos Neptune floated in space. It seemed to be dead, and lifeless…

Or so it appeared.
Suddenly, the lights on the ship activated, and Necros inspected the ship’s equipment and systems. “All systems online…” he growled.
Necros was still surprised by how he had managed to fake his own death in the fight with Eihnver. Now that everybody would think he was dead, Necros would have the element of surprise.
And nobody will every see me coming…
Suddenly, Necros peered out of his window to see a large shape approaching near. In fact, several large shapes.

The Xir’algath Armada had arrived, and was now directly above Earth. Necros was signalled into the ship, and was ordered to report to the ship’s captain.
taqrir hala…” The Xir’algath captain ordered.
(Status report.)
Necros bowed down to him, slightly fearful. “altakaful , alddafie , laqad faqadt lih. harab eindama taearadat safinati li’adrar fi maerakati mae falkyri aismuh 'iyhnfr.
(The symbiote, Impulse, I have lost him. He escaped when my ship was damaged in my battle with a Valkyrie named Eihnver.)
The captain gave a weird, growly noise that only slightly resembled a chuckle.
hsnana , min al’afdal aistieadatha qrybana , 'aw yataeayan ealayna alqiam bdhlk bi’anfusna. wala 'aetaqid 'anak turid 'an taraa ma sayahduth bimujrad khurwajik ean aleamal …” he threatened.
(Well, you better recover it soon, or we shall have to do it ourselves. And I don’t think you want to see what will happen once you’re out of commission…)
Necros bitterly nodded in response. “nem faela…” he grunted, before heading back to The Thanatos Neptune to head to Earth.

When Necros had left, an advisor ran up to the captain.
yjb ealayna tanbih al’iimbiraturiat allaanihayiya?” he asked.
(Shall we alert the Infinite empire?)

The captain nodded, and the advisor ran off.

On the infinite Empire’s mothership, Zalas received an incoming transmission. He answered it, and The Xir’algath captain appeared before him on the screen. “Greetings, captain.” Zalas said, bowing. “What are your orders?” he then asked.

“Send your armada to Earth. It is time for us to begin the invasion.” The captain responded. Zalas nodded. “With pleasure, my lord.” he said, before ending the transmission. “Send the ships to Earth! It is time for the Invasion to begin!” he barked to the Infinite Empire soldiers.

@Toa_Radrix
Then, Quadran would receive a transmission from the Xir’algath captain. “It is time. Gather all of your members together, and send the signal for the armada of Algrak soldiers to arrive…” The Captain commanded, before ending the transmission.

Meanwhile, several plague doctors outside the mansion would see distant shapes appear in the sky. One of them contacted Plague Knight through the comms. “Master, the Saviors have arrived. We must retreat, and prepare to welcome them.” he hastily said.

Plague Knight nodded, before turning to all the villains. “We must retreat! They have arrived! We shall deal with these heroes later!” Plague Knight said to all the villains as they fought the heroes. The plague doctor cultists duly followed, running away.

Charbydis then turned to Paradigm. “This isn’t over. I’ll have your head later!” he said, before running off as well. White Hood also followed, before Plague Knight himself left.

“Wait, where are they all going?” Mark said in confusion.

Suddenly, Richard held up a hand. “Shh! …Do you hear that?” he asked. At first, Mark and Justin didn’t know what he was talking about, before they heard a distant drumming in the distance…

War drums.

The heavy drumming sounded in the distance, and rubble and trash blew around ominously in the distance…

@Monopoly
@meepinater
@Runa
@Jcton
@L.O.S.S-KAL
@MichaelTheLightBringer
@Diero
@Toa_Radrix
@Khalsa721
@Omega_Tahu
@TheWaywardWobbuffet
@Traykar
@Bramsley
@Holi
@jayzor17
@MaxinePrimal

Suddenly, every person in the city would have their attention immediately drawn away from their current task to see several shapes raining down from the heavens, rocketing to Earth in a blazing ball of fire. The shapes crashed into the ground, knocking down a few buildings along the way. When the craters settled, the hatches blew off the bods, and large, black figures oozed out. They roared upon appearing on this planet, and instantly slew any nearby observers. They were the Xir’algath.
The Xir’algath began to gather together into groups, as other pods rocketed down to Earth. Infinite Empire soldiers emerged from these pods, and formed into their own groups as well.
Then, an armada of Xir’algath, Infinite Empire and League of Shadows ships descended to Earth, with the Thanatos Neptune also in the armada as they hovered in the sky. The ships began blasting away buildings as they hovered in the sky and the various groups of soldiers marched through the city, advancing their conquest.

The Invasion had begun.

OOC: I always wanted to do this

IC:

Millions of infinite empire ships arrived outside
“Breaking news with Melanie, aliens are invading!”

This was broadcast everywhere

Zalas Quobb exited his ship, he was taller than Berserker and grander than a king, he was followed by the smaller Haaki Shomfka and his kingsmen on their mounts

With that the contaminant dove back in to the sewage system

The salesman looked at Parvus,“it’s our cue to leave”

Oliver ran up to the Infinite emperor
“Stop police!” He yelled “You are under arrest for parking your spaceship on the yellow lines!”
Zalas looked at haaki then Oliver, he kicked the former about a mile away, making Oliver bleed from the mouth
“We’ll handle this!” General alfreds smirked “FIRE!”
The tanks fired at the ships but did nothing, not a ding or scratch

Connor and Impulse looked outside.
“Oh, boy.” Connor sighed. Impulse latched on. Connor slipped on his suit and began swinging towards the enemies.

Grace punched through an alien on her way out of her window, before swinging towards the center of the destruction.

Elias looked around, creating a shadow wall around his friends. “Sadie, I need your help!”
@Khalsa721

Bruce looked at Katrina, the wounds still healing.
“I’m sorry, love.” He tapped his arc reactor. “You’ll be safe here. I promise.” He turned to the computer. “Mercy, make sure she’s safe.”
“Yes, sir.” Mercy responded.
Bruce flew out of the house.

The sales and Parvus were suddenly gone

Light Knight flew towards the center of the city, blasting at enemies as he went.
“These guys are everywhere! That was quick!”
@mctoran

Caesar heard the commotion outside, and ran out to see what happened. Upon seeing the invading aliens, he runs back into the mansion to get Carlie.
“We have some serious problems outside!” @Omega_Tahu