2059: The Invasion

Hydron shot with his blasters, while Skarpix and his scorpions stringed the Beserker.

Einhver continues to approach the nearest enemy ship.

@Jcton
@jayzor17
@Runa
@meepinater
@Bramsley
@Toa_Radrix
“We’re getting nowhere with this!” Richard grunted as he threw a punch at Beetle. “We need to take this fight to the source.” He said, pointing to the xir’algath armada.
Suddenly, Plague Knight appeared before the heroes, flanked by Simon, Trevor, Toxin and a small army of plague doctors. “Attack at will.” Plague Knight commanded, and the cultists charged at the heroes.

@Omega_Tahu
Eihnver would land right on top of the ship’s cockpit window.

Malfector punched The Creature in the face, knocking her out. Throwing the large entity over his shoulder, he dragged it into the accelerator’s particle testing ring. He eyed one of the experiment panels. Large slabs of metal that slid up once an atomic particle reached a certain speed. Malfector began to tie the creature to the slab. Wrapping her up in chains.

Toxin burst into gas and charged Richard.

Connor nodded and entered the room.
“Isabel?”
@TheOnlyGuyWhoLikesMistika

“Yeah…” Isabel smiles weakly
@meepinater

Connor approaches her.
“How’re you doing?” He asks.

“Well, seeing you always makes me feel better to be honest…” she whispers quietly “I mean, I’m mostly feeling better!”

@Bramsley
@meepinater
Richard was caught off guard by Toxin’s transformation, and his attention was diverted away from Beetle. He fired several repulsar beams at the gas cloud.

@meepinater
“I will never give up!” White Hood hissed to Bruce and Katrina as he formed spikes from the nanites on his suit. “I will never stop hunting you, until you are both dead!” He roared, charging at the pair.

@meepinater
Sadie dove on top of a Xir’algath and drove shadow daggers into its shoulders, bucking around like some bull rider.
“A little help!” She gasped out.

@Jcton
A few plague doctors charged at Tempest.

@Runa
@jayzor17
Simon and Trevor rushed towards Marissa and Project Novus.

Plague Knight lunged at Berserker.

“How do you stop this guy?” Oliver asked
“It’s weakness seems to be water!” Isabel smirked
“Well Izzy, I guess we better try that!” Oliver replies, together they blast water at project ultimate, he turned back into John and he looked at Mark, despite his age, his resemblance to Mark was uncanny
“Hello Mark!” He smiles “You know, I guess I can call you brother, eh?”
@Mctoran

Mark, still in Berserker form, didn’t quite understand what he was saying. But if he could’ve talked, he would have said “what do you mean, ‘brother’?”

Project: Ultimate had given John many powers, he used his powers to make Berserker weaker and calmer to Mark, he was also now able to understand
“We are clones!” John replied “Granted I am the original…”

“Original clone? Why is everyone trying to clone me?!”

“You have the legendary powers of plot armour, overpoweredness and metagaming!” John replies
@Mctoran

Suddenly, plague knight lunged at mark, who turned back into berserker, and their fight continued.

Connor smiles. “That’s good.”
He places his hand on top of hers. “Just no more life or death fights, okay?”

@Mctoran
The repulsors did nothing. Toxin swirled around Richard, trying to take over his mind.

She chuckles
“I don’t want you dying on me either!” She pauses “Whether it’s in your work or other ways!”
A nurse raises an eye but not any questions, he’s just happy that he’s getting paid
@meepinater

Connor glances around.
“Not here.” He whispers.
“I don’t need to be revealed.”

Richard tried to fight it, but soon found himself overcome by the gas.

These visions further enraged Berserker, and he furiously attacked Plague Knight.

@Holi
Parvus and Magnus continued to fiercely fight in the city. Parvus kicked Magnus in the hips, knocking him back and sending him to the ground. He rolled to the side and blasted a beam of Primordial energy at Parvus, wounding her arm. Cursing, she whacked the handle of leviathon in the back of Magnus’ head. Magnus called Chaosbreaker to Parvus in hopes of cutting her upon its blade, but she jumped out of the way. Splitting Leviathon into two halves, Parvus rushed towards Magnus. Before he could react or dodge, Magnus felt something strike him. He looked down to see a half of leviathon lodged in his chest. Parvus then ferociously stabbed the other half into his shoulder. Magnus roared in pain, and attempted to swing Chaosbreaker at Parvus. Parvus shot fire at Magnus, causing him to drop the weapon to the ground with a clang.
Parvus then ripped the halves of leviathon from Magnus’ body, and then stabbed it throught his heart.
Magnus was launched back by a kick from Parvus, and crumpled to the ground.

Glowing golden flakes began to rise from Magnus’ body and into the air as the MAGNUS force separated from him. As Clint’s dying body lay on the ground, the glowing astral form of the MAGNUS force stood above him. “P-please, don’t go. Don’t leave me.” Clint gasped, his breath trembling as he clutched his bloody chest.
“I’m sorry, child. We did everything we could to stop her. I never wanted anything bad to happen to you, please know that.” The MAGNUS force said.
Clint reached out to the light being. “Please don’t leave me…” He groaned.
“I’m sorry, but I must leave, for I will die myself without a body to inhabit, and I will be unable to keep my energy intact if I reside in the material realm too long.” The MAGNUS force said, bending down to Clint. “But fear not, for wherever you will be going, it will be a safe place where you are loved and cared for. Goodbye, clint…”

And with that, the MAGNUS force crackled and dissipated, ascending beyoun this plane.

A group of Xir’algath approched Parvus. “Excellent. Now we will surely be garunteed a victory in this invasion.

“I serve you, and only you.” Parvus assured the Xir’algath, her ring now glowing brighter than ever.
Come with us. Your creators habe a new task for you.” the xir’algath said, leading parvus through a portal which then closed.

@Jcton
Unexpected might have witnessed magnus’ death, which was surely a major cosmic upheaval.

“That’s why I’m attempting to be subtle!” Isabel sighs
A doctor raises an eyebrow
“Probably just a euphemism!” Another chuckles “People were so much easier to understand in the thirties!”