Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

That canister looks a bit different than the previous one. Also weird that the thing is stuck up in the ice like that; very different than the traditional imagery of them washing up on beaches.

Now, this is completely me coming up with things, but what if this takes a sort of Legend of Zelda angle, with the Toa reincarnating and reappearing generation after generation? The difference between the two canisters is what made me think of it, with the previous two being so smooth, like the ones in G1, while the new one looks far more futuristic and technological. There’s also Faber’s comments; I remember from his initial post he was talking about “a way back”, or something along those lines, and more recently you have his comments about the flow of time through generations, which is shown in the first post. Again, just me connecting a bunch of stuff that probably has no connection, but I thought the idea was cool.

6 Likes

Could be an avatar type scenario, with a Toa being found in the ice?

4 Likes

Well, there’s no more rust :cry:

brickonicle my dude

4 Likes

You don’t remember what happened last time they did it do you?

Not that I personally hate Galidor but it lost a lot of money to LEGO and it contribuited to it’s almost bankruptcy in 2003…

2 Likes

That… Is by no means what I meant. Please see the rest of my post:[quote=“Ghid, post:225, topic:48962”]
Hear me out, it’s not like Bionicle. It’s actual action figures which utilize existing LEGO elements as armour, like a proper action figure would (I’m thinking some of those Halo action figures from a couple years back).
[/quote]

4 Likes

I know, I just said what could happen not that it would actually happen. I would prefer LEGO’s action figures more than “realistic” ones.

1 Like

Calling it now, the Toa (or whoever they are) spawn from their native elements. The last one was in water, so that’s “Gali,” and this one has to be Kopaka.

As for the new design, the signature has the current year under it, so I think it’s safe to say that this is new art created for this project and not existing stuff. That’s probably the final (or near-final) design for the canisters.

8 Likes

What if the island is completely frozen over in the pitch? (I don’t think I’ve seen all of the concept art, but ice seems to be rather prevalent)

6 Likes

That is surely amazing.

1 Like

So… Any updates recently?

4 Likes

I don’t know :confused:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxxdZYOnJcl/

“A dream in a shell. Working to make it real #14b2020 Everything will be like never before”

Alright. This seems to be a bit more than just him spinning ideas.

10 Likes

Assuming this means a release in 2020 I’m worried that it might end up being rushed, which I think we can all mostly agree wouldn’t be good.

7 Likes

The only problem I have is that it’s just the last two “new” images (I’m not counting the cropped beach image that was already featured on his blog a while back) combined together. So far we’ve only got four actual new pieces of concept art (if you count the first two images as part of a whole one) for this. I’m still somewhat skeptical this is actually going to happen and Faber might just end up building up hype for no payoff

6 Likes

Ok, it’s already obvious that this would be more than just a simple fan project…

Who knows, Faber might have been working on this for longer than we think…

2 Likes

He showed us teasers of rebel nature before any real progress, he’d probably show footage of it if it was that soon

3 Likes

I just realized–the canister is frozen. The “dream” is in a “shell.”

Ice + shell = Cryoshell.

Could they have some involvement in this?

11 Likes

Considering how they are still active with their music, it’s highly possible.

3 Likes

Or it could be that Faber is planning an Alternate reality game and that we are linking stuff together randomly that have Bionicle loosely tying them together, even though he’s just using that imagery. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Seems like too much of a ■■■■ move to expect of Faber, but who even knows?

3 Likes