Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Dropping this here so people know what his last post is. This monologue evokes Kopaka’s monologue when he awakes in G1, but it also seems to be a meta-commentary on the long wait for new bonk stuff.

9 Likes

You have to keep up with Faber on all fronts to really know what’s going on (much like Bionicle, funnily enough). Since 14b2020 isn’t his main focus right now, he’s not going to be making many direct posts about it, just these ones where he does happen to do stuff with it.

But in many of his other Instagram posts he clearly refers to both Rebel Nature and 14b2020 as his main projects that he’s working on. That being said, I don’t think we’ll be seeing regular content until next year.

7 Likes

There has been an update.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5k3PVtpzv3/

The text may or may not be referencing the 2007 commercial.

13 Likes

national geographic lookin lit

11 Likes

The quote is clearly a reference to Creeps From The Deep. I don’t think there’s any argument there. However the National Geographic similarity could be coincidence.

That being said the art looks amazing as always, though I don’t think there’s as much to learn from and analyze as the previous posts.

5 Likes

Is it confirmed that this line is going to be the potential constraction line in 2020? The one codenamed LEAF, I believe.

I’m trying to catch up on this stuff, just getting back into it.

4 Likes

As far as I know this does not have anything to do with the LEGO company

4 Likes

No confirmation, just an odd coincidence.

LEAF has the right type of sets to be a constraction theme.

and this is… Well, it is what it is, it just happens to line up.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it be revealed by now what Leaf is?
I mean, there is only one more month left of 2019.
for better or worse

3 Likes

That’s usually not how leaks get passed around. Usually we’re getting next year’s winter themes somewhere around october at the earliest. And LEGO won’t reveal anything until the last minute, we’ve seen that happen before.

4 Likes

Yeah, but leaks also get revealed early.
Or at least this is what I’ve got used to with Hasbro’s.

2 Likes

As far as we know, Leaf will be released in the summer of 2020, so there is still quite some time until then. I think we can expect to get leaked pictures in January or February at the earliest.

2 Likes

Nope, not confirmed. I believe that was a 4chan leak that tried to connect 3ionicle to that ip.

2 Likes

Actually, that was just us speculating.

1 Like

Regardless, we’ve seen the rocks before. The only thing new here is the quote.

6 Likes

Whoops, well that’s embarrassing.

In all honesty that makes it seem more likely to be true to me. (Does that say something about 4Chan? Probably.)

1 Like

Faber’s caption with the image seems pretty relevant (emphasis mine):

The language used seems pretty certain (though maybe take with a grain of salt since it isn’t Faber’s first language).

It’s starting to sound like #14B2020 is something confirmed and close to launch, rather than the ambition that it was originally teased as.

Which to me seems consistent with LEGO allowing Faber to build AFOL interest in a Summer 2020 Bionicle reboot. Hopefully they do it right this time and start some cryptic advertising through official channels when the new year starts.

5 Likes

I don’t know who first came up with this idea, but apparently a lot of fans believe that the only reason Faber is doing this whole thing is just to bring Bionicle fans to his Rebel Nature project. May I ask, makes so many people believe this idea? There is no proof for it. Heck, there is no proof that it would be connected to Rebel Nature at all. Faber already pretty much confirmed that this is a Bionicle-related project. Of course, there is nothing wrong with being skeptic, but this level of skepticism is kinda exaggerated in my opinion.

7 Likes

Barraki and my hype 110% confirmed with absolute certainty

7 Likes

That sounds plausible.

Woah there, this is a tiny bit of a leap in logic. Yes, this might mean confirmation from Lego. That doesn’t mean an official Bionicle G3 is now a thing. This could just as easily be an independent project with Lego’s blessing. I understand the excitement, but please just temper your expectations a little.

5 Likes