3D Printing and Modeling

Sorry about being inactive for a couple months, been having troubles logging in so I had to make another account.

So along the lines of new parts I have put together are these:
Very useful new piece
A bunch of parts
Double-sided 2x2 LEGO plate
I understand that most of the parts are not custom parts but they serve a purpose; to first make the actual parts and then use those parts to make new ones.

6 Likes

I have completely reworked my model of the death crown and I am nearing completion, pictures will follow shortly😄

1 Like

That’s great to hear and can’t wait to see it

1 Like

I know it is a long time since my last post, but my PC had a virus some months ago and that´s why all my files are gone :frowning:
So I´ve started a third version (rough) of my death crown and I remade an old g1 armor piece to fit with ccbs. That was my biggest project yet because of the details it has. But overall I´m very satisfied how it turned out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The G2 Kiina armor looks pretty sweet, nice work.

2 Likes

I doubt this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there’s someone doing/who could make some blank Clone trooper helmets to the CCBS scale?

If this is the wrong place, I apologize.

1 Like

I can try to model one, but my printer doesn’t work, so I can’t test if it’s the right size.

2 Likes

That’d be awesome if you could do that. The actual 3D printing can be sorted out at another stage, if that’s possible.

1 Like

I am sorry that I wasn’t active the last two months. I had much to do but I finished the connector.
Do you need a phase 1 or a phase 2 Helm et?

2 Likes

No worries.

Phase 1 would be preferable if that’s possible; more towards the live-action style as opposed to the Clone Wars style. Again, if that’s possible please? :slight_smile:

Thanks again for considering this.

2 Likes

So, if this thing is still active and/or whatnot, pretty interesting little site I found here for some basic, easily modifiable 3D-printable Technic pieces: Part Designer

From what I can tell, going by work I’ve seen printed from it, all its preset measurements should be accurate.

2 Likes

I recently acquired a 3d printer in order to produce large quantities of pieces for customisation, for my next project I require several copies of the original kanohi Hau, so if anyone can find a STL file or OBJ file of this mask that would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Here you are

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

If I ever get into 3d Printing, which I’d like to one day, I’m going straight for the good stuff. Elegoo Mars all the way.

2 Likes

I designed exactly one bionicle mask for 3d printing, it turned out ok, and I haven’t tweaked it since. (original topic here) I’ll upload it to my thingiverse eventually
(sorry if this came off as being advertisey, it wasn’t really meant to sound like that)

1 Like

I’m trying to get better at 3D modeling. Does anyone have any tips for making Kanohi, and other Bionicle pieces?

Also, is Tinkercad a good enough software for modeling complex designs, or would it be in my best interest to learn something more advanced (like Blender)?

2 Likes

Tinkercad works fine for complex kanohi designs for me, the only problems are that I can’t chamfer or fillet curved edges as easily. I also use blender (just basic functions) to smooth or sculpt surfaces for more organic forms sometimes if I can’t do it in tinkercad or to symmetrize things.

One thing I would recommend in the beginning is chopping up existing pieces to figure out how they are made. You can even make new masks this way. You can also practice by using existing models as a shape guide for new parts/ masks.

2 Likes

I would really like to buy a 3D printer but no money means no expensive things sooooooooo…

4 Likes

I don’t have 3d printer either

2 Likes