AKA Jonathan Juan (Ask Kahi Anything)

kahi are you cool

3 Likes

if you are not cool then what temperature are you

3 Likes

What do you think about the Summer Batman sets and what parts of them are you’re favorite?

They’re the DC Superhero sets…

2 Likes

I know but they are like 95% Batman-related. : P

1 Like

I remember you mentioning how much you liked the atmosphere of 2001 or the first 3 years (or something like that; I could be mistaken), so my question to you is:
Does Gen 2 have a strong atmosphere so far?

It originally was the Kryptonite Interception, because I do really like that new Batmobile. But I’ve recently found out that Sky High Battle’s Batwing can fold in on itself, and that’s probably what’s going to win me over. Plus: that WONDER WOMAN figure. The only figure I want more than her is a movie Aquaman figure.

(My goal for the end of this year is to get all of the comic OG Justice League Minifigures, plus their Superman v Batman counterparts).

No.

Atmosphere is one of those things that is best conveyed in visual media. Even better in interactive media, but definitely visual. It can definitely conveyed in writing, but it takes a longer book and a very involved writer, and it hasn’t really happened with the Bionicle books.

The animations had barely enough time to establish story, and left little to no room for just heavy atmosphere.

MNOG and MNOG II is what made the atmosphere in the old days, and there isn’t an equivalent for this year yet. Check with me once the TV show comes out, that might change things.

7 Likes

As in the ones revealed at Nuremburg. :smile:

Responding to this three months late, I love Blue Beetle, so I’m glad to see he’s getting a minifigure at last. The Red Hood one looks cool too.

I think all of the sets are pretty meh, though. None of them really stand out to me. I miss when LEGO would do sets that were actual locations instead of just a bunch of vehicles.

4 Likes

Kahi, What is your opinion on Hero Factory? and what was your favorite movie as a child?

I saw that you didn’t really like batman v superman. Was there anything you did like about it. I personally loved it but that’s just my opinion.

I thought Hero Factory’s greatest mark on LEGO history was the introduction to CCBS as a system. Other than that, it was a pretty generic concept with little to no potential. LEGO also gave it more attention/faith than the Bionicle relaunch, apparently, so yeah. Fight me, @Mesonak

My absolute favorite movie as a kid was Toy Story 2. I had a lot of other movies I enjoyed, but that one really stood out to me.

A lot of this will be addressed in the next TTV Talks, but that’s like five days from now. So here’s my bulletpoint list:

• Zack Snyder does not get these characters. Zack Snyder has not created a movie faithful to these characters. Superman is not Superman. Batman is not Batman. Wonder Woman…okay, there’s no real definitive take on Wonder Woman, and I thought she was pretty well portrayed in this movie. But that’s counterbalanced by what they did to poor Lex Luthor.
  • The story is disjointed, poorly paced, and has a lot of plot holes. A lot of plot holes.
  • There is so much that doesn’t make sense visually that I believe Zack Snyder just put in there because he thought it would look cool. In the opening scene, child Bruce Wayne starts to fly for literally no reason whatsoever. The Flash can go back in time (okay, fine), and talk to people in their dreams? Why does Batman know what parademons are, and what the Omega Symbol means?
  • We never get to honestly see Superman be Superman. We get a slight montage of him saving people, all of which are scenes made to look like people are worshiping him. I would say the same thing about Batman, except he does get one really great scene.
  • The Justice League are revealed in YouTube fanfilm clips. Felt really weird, especially the Cyborg and Aquaman ones.

• The “Martha” line is so contrived and absurdly stupid.

• SUPERMAN DIES TOO EARLY. WE DON’T KNOW SUPERMAN YET. HE WASN’T SUPERMAN IN MAN OF STEEL AND HE WASN’T SUPERMAN HERE. THE JL ISN’T AROUND, AND BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN BARELY KNOW HIM. WHY DO THIS NOW?

• If you want to kill Superman, kill him in his third movie. Kill him when stakes are high, when we actually care about this character. If you really want to kill him in this movie, then commit to it and actually have Batman kill him. That takes guts. That’s a move I wouldn’t have seen coming. Who ends their superhero vs movie with one of the superheroes actually dying? That would have been worth it.

• But above all, don’t do that stupid tease with the dirt. You didn’t even have the guts to go through with it.

I thought it was nicely framed, had some good action pieces here and there. But it’s a very flawed movie and I don’t want to see Zack Snyder on the helm for the DCCU. In fact, I don’t want to see him on a superhero movie, ever. I’m done with Snyder.

3 Likes

Potential cival war spoiler

Well civil war will probably end with cap dying so… Yeah there’s that

Good points, I saw the flaws too but I still liked it and loved batman… but yeah I am also sick of Snyder

That really annoyed me. He must think the audience needs everything blatant on the screen because they can’t theorize for themselves.

Do you think Eljay should just surrender to team Kahi?

I mean Team Kahi really is the better than team Eljay I mean we do have spider Ven.

Hey Kahi do you know that time that Ultron turn Iron Man into a Woman?

Dear Kahi,
How do you feel about modifying parts for mocs? I, as of last night, filed half of a red Metru eye-stock and the opposite half of a green eye-stock to give my self moc two different colored eyes. If you do modify LEGO parts, what’s the most extreme mod you’ve made?

• Toa Vulpes

Why did you think it was justifiable to make everyone suffer, just for the cival war topic?

1 Like

You want young justice season 3?