Amusing/annoying game glitches

The Empire State Building in Spider-Man. Wound up glitched inside for a few minutes. Got Wall-Running EXP while I was inside. Eventually glitched out.

2 Likes

Ah, yes, that one is very common.

You have to hit the wall in just the right spot. It’s worse with Shadow because he doesn’t have Gems to break the game like Sonic does.

Shadow is the worst character in that game. He’s like a worse, slower Sonic with a crappy Homing Attack and no Spin Dash. And he doesn’t have nearly as many exploitable glitches like Sonic or Silver.

Ahh. Nope, I had to restart the game. I think I wound up standing inside it, so I couldn’t wall-run to get the game to let me out.

2 Likes

Oof. That’s nasty.

2 Likes

Well if we’re talking about glitches particularly in lego games, how about Lego Harry Potter years 5-7?

I think it’s only on the Wii version, though I’ve seen next to no footage of this glitch in any capacity and don’t have other copies of the game to compare, so I may be wrong about that, but anyway:

For context, in levels and also in the hubworld, you get a selection of different characters you can switch between, though you can swap out different characters in the selection via polyjuice potion while you’re in the hubworld. To switch, you use the 1 and 2 buttons I think, it’s been a while.

When editing a custom character, 1 and 2 have no other function, so when you’re editing them, you can still switch, except it switches the custom character instead of the character you’re playing, meaning you can actually edit real characters in the customizer. Sadly this effect reverses as soon as you enter a level and everything is reloaded, but there is some extra fun you can have with this.

The hubworld also has a cutscene viewer, and when you watch the cutscenes with the characters altered, the relevant character’s player models actually remain altered in the cutscenes themselves. The possibilities are pretty much only limited by the amount of characters you can fit to change.

Sidenote, certain special models such as Fang can’t be edited. Hagrid can, but only his coat with the skin customizer, meaning his coat can be turned into a white skull cloak :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I saw a picture of a Spider-Man PS4 glitch where everyone turned into denim

1 Like

@EmperorDuckie In Battlefront II there was or is a wall on yavin you can walk through.

In Smash Bros. Brawl if you placed a soft platform directly underneath a hard block piece, you could jump into the hard block piece.

2 Likes

In super smash bros Melee, there’s a glitch where player 3 can become Master Hand.

1 Like

A classic

1 Like

Old BFII or new?

1 Like

I said BF2.

Oh wait, I see now. The new one.

2 Likes

Reminds me of a glitch in Star Wars Commander where a scout trooper unit just stood around in a particular area of the screen no matter what. Also, after playing against an AI attack on your base, all heroes and friendly units would stand around wherever they were at the end of the battle, which could result in hilarious pictures.

There is also a glitch in World of Tanks Blitz where you can shove small tanks under train cars in certain maps. This usually causes the tank to die, but will generate an incredible force blast from the physics engine that sends even the largest tanks flying into space.

In Battlefront II (2005), you can see the bottom of the Death Star map by getting killed while over a void. The camera will follow you to the bottom of the map model, where you can see all the ambient light nodes.

1 Like

Here’s a funny one from Super Mario Galaxy 2. When you’re riding Yoshi on the starship hub, talk to the starbit-collecting toad near the center. You can make their heads fuse!

Excuse the poor photo quality, I’ve taken them ages ago with a crappy monile phone camera.

2 Likes

Came here to talk about this one, only to realise you’ve already said it! Still really funny either way

In terms of funny stuff in other games… In Lego Batman 2, if you ride an animal from the zoo, then turn on invincibility and electrocute yourself, the animal will disappear but your character will be permanently stuck in a seated position as if they were still riding it. You can still jump and move about, but your character will be stuck looking like they’re driving an invisible car

If I recall correctly you can take it a step further by having a second player teleport you to a different location on the map, which will allow you to play as the animal you were previously riding

3 Likes

In the Halo games, the Scorpion tank becomes highly unstable when it only has one or two tracks touching the ground. If you try to turn it in enclosed spaces or on ramps, this sometimes results in the entire vehicle spinning wildly into the air, which usually kills all occupants.

1 Like