An Official Statement Regarding Eljay

This didn’t happen because we (supposedly) disliked him, if that’s what you’re thinking.

24 Likes

TTV did state that you all should respect their choice of keeping details of the situation private. When they feel its appropriate time to talk about it, they will. Forcing someone to confess about the matter is not only rude, but not in your right to ask of them. If its not something you personally would be comfortable of doing, then dont ask of others to do it as well.

You know, basic social rules 101 guys.

We know how hard these things can get, we all been through similar problems ( add that and large online community of individuals various ages, opinions, and level of precieving situations and the world), its never pretty, so lets not make it uglier than it needs to be.

17 Likes

I’d like to emphasize this part of the post, since it seems to be running past some of you. Make no mistake, Eljay was a great personality on the podcast and his review videos are some of the best content we have on the channel, but those things have nothing to do with this decision.

I’m sorry some of you guys feel cheated in that you need more of an explanation to justify this decision, but this is the most we can say about it comfortably considering most of the details are very much, and reasonably, private.

26 Likes

Hello Eljay!
I don’t know whever I want to make this public or not, but before you leave I would like to say a few things to you. You are and still continue to be my hero. I admire you greatly and you have influenced who I am as a person very much. I found you when I was binging the recap reviews on a snow day in 5th grade. Ever since then I’ve been a steady follower of TTV. I was able to convince my parents to get my a vessel subscription but unfortunately donateting to the patreon will not be an option for me right now. You where the reason I started to enter the Bionicle community. And though I am not a mocist, I am a storyteller. I always dreamed that you would voice in one of my films. But now that will never happen, anyway back to you. At one point my mother thought there was something wrong with me when I laughed for 45 minutes straight during Build a Baby, Box of useless junk, and Peel a Car. Anyway I am very sad to see you and through teary eyes I type this I wish for the best for you and the crew.

Keep peeling cars
Sincerely,
Frank

12 Likes

Although I have been a critic of TTV as of late, it really sucks to see Eljay go. He has been one of those constants on the channel for years, providing decent content and commentary throughout most of its lifetime. With his departure, it kinda seems like a chunk of what was the original TTV channel is gone. Nonetheless, I wanna thank Eljay for years of terrible memes, cardboard masks that always looked like they were going to fall apart within seconds, and his numerous flannels and I hope he does well for himself in his future endeavors.

23 Likes

Well that was unexpected. It’s a surprise to see someone with a long history on this channel suddenly go, but at the same time its bound to happen with a lot of large YouTube groups.

I haven’t exactly been following whatever tension it is people have been taking about between him and the community, but I personally liked having him here. While his objective review style isn’t exactly my cup of tea, they were enjoyable to watch and really got me invested in purchasing certain sets. Then you had moments like TTE and Civil War on April 1st which I will never forget.

Thanks for the memories Eljay.

11 Likes

So you’re saying TTV got Bionicle cancelled? Might wanna rephrase that…

14 Likes

Things change, people come and go, and I think that’s fine. Maybe leave the spot vacant or get new blood? Personally not affected, I just hope things get better

7 Likes

see ya later man.
its not going to be the same without you.

and good luck out there big world

3 Likes

Welp

That sucks. At least the choice does at least seem in part his own decision. I’ll just wait until the explanation video then.

4 Likes

Jeez, this caught me off guard.

It’s sad to see him go, and I wish Eljay the best of luck in his life.

6 Likes

Well, fair enough. Sometimes change has to happen.

5 Likes

Yeah, like when something is 99 cents and you pay a dollar for it.

23 Likes

I wish this was some kind of practical joke. TTV seems to be plunging down a downward spiral as of late. Eljay was one of the best cast members, always providing hilarious discussion and great content. TTV will never be the same without him. I can’t wait to hear the explanation for this one. At this point, I’m only here for the site, as the TTV channel is quickly going to heck in a handbasket. Eljay’s involvement here will never be forgotten. Here’s hoping everyone can recover from this.

Forever in our memories @Eljay

10 Likes

So, ditto on being sad that Eljay’s no longer a part of TTV. I liked him a lot in the MNOG playthroughs and enjoy his reviews. I even remember the Biocraft tour from way back when, which was one of my favorite videos and the first one from TTV I viewed, and, at least the way I remember it, Eljay was one of the funniest. So, yeah, I hope there’s no hard feelings at least.

4 Likes

That was bad and you should feel bad for how bad that was.

5 Likes

Well, this kinda came out of the blue when I saw Eljay announcing it on Twitter, and I was shocked to see it and still am shocked. I knew that at some point there would be changes and someone would leave, because that is the nature of groups like this. But it still feels unreal when it happens, especially when it’s one that I consider one of the big pillars of TTV.

Love him or hate him, but I don’t think anyone can deny the impact that Eljay has had on this group and the community. While I admittedly haven’t watched much of his own series, I will forever remember the joy, interesting discussions and utter nonsense that he brought to the podcast. Like peeling a banana car, the box of useless junk and that Eljay-meet at a certain parking lot…

Ultimately, Eljay will be missed and TTV won’t be the same without him. But I wish the best of luck in the future to both parts.

14 Likes

Im gonna miss Eljay

He was one of the few podcast members that i could really communicate with and had some experience talking to him outside TTV, And i will never forget those fun matches in halo.
Eljays recaps brought me into TTV but unlike some in this topic i dont see his departure as a reason cut loose, even if he was someones favourite cast member. But that does not mean i am not deeply sad about this.

And with that i say goodbye and good luck to Eljay :mask:

I should hope we get the chance to interact in some way again

7 Likes

So in that instance there is no change in Canada. we got rid of the pennies

I really am upset that no better compromise could be reached. Although, if it was necessary I suppose I can live with it.

3 Likes

I’m going to be straight up with you all; this is incredibly disapointing on a deep, emotional level to me. As one of the founders of the channel, insofar as the polished business that is “The TTV Channel” now exists, the extent of Eljay’s creative and managerial influence over this community is enormous. Heck, the Bionicle community will feel this hard, whether they liked him or not.

That’s not to say that I don’t respect the undoubted magnitude, challenge, or authority of this decision, but I will say that this is unfortunate, to be clear, and the sort of thing that may redefine my thoughts on the channel. I love you guys, @cast. I really do, and this doesn’t change how I see you all as people. But it may change how I see you guys as creators. Best of luck, all. And @Eljay, if you’re around here to read this, just know that the community will not be the same, for better or for worse. You were… a big deal, dude. Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors, as well. I’m still following you on Twitter and YouTube.

-Azani

15 Likes