An Official Statement Regarding Eljay

It sucks to see something like this happen

I watched a bit of the video podcast from Brickfair 2017 and everybody seemed pretty happy to be together in it. But I can see that simply wasn’t the case behind the scenes

When Lego brought back Bionicle for G2, it seemed like TTV was starting to really climb the mountain that is Youtube. Then, Lego decided to pull the rug out from under them by cancelling G2 and causing them to stumble a bit. However, they were able to recover and keep climbing, all be it at a slightly slower pace.Then came August 2017, wherein they had a bit of a stumble with the ven sucks controversy and then, just as they were starting to stable themselves, the departure of Eljay has caused another stumble, which I am unsure if they will recover from (they most likely will).

In the end though, I’m still a supporter of TTV and wish both parties luck in their future endeavors

17 Likes

Man, I only found out about this because someone mentioned it in a youtube comment. It was so out of the blue! I’m really sad to see him go.

4 Likes

Eljay will be missed. Thought curious to see what will happen now.
If you’re all come to this decision together, then I’ll respect it.
Keep doing you, TTV.

4 Likes

From what I know of TTV, this was most likely not an easy decision, and was probably made after a large amount of thought and debate. The reasons for it happening are probably all valid, and were made by people who have a lot of common sense. Will I miss Eljay? Yes. Do I think this is the end of TTV? Not in the slightest. Regardless of my personal opinion, I respect the decisions made by the cast, so if they decide to give us more of the story, then great, but if not, that’s also fine.

Apologies for the run-on sentence.

14 Likes

I agree with all aspects of this statement, for what it’s worth.

4 Likes

Well, this is… upsetting, to put it lightly, seeing as Eljay was always one of my favorite TTV hosts (along with Ven, Kahi, and Meso).

We’ll miss ya, 'Jay. I wish you the best of luck for wherever life takes you next.

######(for clarification, this is a really old gif I made)

12 Likes

Is he still gonna be on the boards?

Thats all I care about.

8 Likes

His account is still there, just demoted

Edit: just demoted

5 Likes

reading all these comments have made me cry, i just am still in shock…i know eljay most likelly will never be seen here or the channle ever again but if you are seeing this and dont hate us for everything, you were the person that got me to sub to the channle, you are the reason i got into bionicle and the lore, you got me to join the boards, vessle, patreon and i want you to know, @Eljay we loved you and everything you did godspeed my friend and my you succeed in life.

6 Likes

@Eljay, I wish you the best in life. Please drop in on the MB once in a while, you were a huge part of this community’s creation. Thanks for everything and, again, I wish you the best in life.

7 Likes

Well, legitimately it’s been less than a half a day since he was last here, so make of that what you will.

2 Likes

I’m just assuming that’s going to be the case in the future

1 Like

Y’know, you may be right; we’ll see. There’s not really any way to predict this sort of thing.

4 Likes

Wow. I’ve only been watching you guys a few months, but from what Ive gathered you’ve all known each other for years, so I never expected someone like Eljay to leave.
Will he make anymore appearances on the boards or any videos?

I didn’t think I’d miss Eljay, but now that he’s gone, I definitely will. :mask:

3 Likes

Ive been watching ttv for almost 3 years now, the reason I subscribed was Eljays recap reviews. Its still hard for me to think that Eljays leaving. Time to un-sub /s

2 Likes

On the boards? I mean, who knows? On any videos? Not likely.

3 Likes

So did he leave or was he kicked?

1 Like

If my understanding is correct, he left on his own.

I first heard about this in the comments of TTV Episode 260, and immediately my feelings were mixed. I honestly hoped it was some joke, but I guess not.

Eljay honestly was one of my favorite cast members, as infuriating as he could be. I know many people have had a sour past with him, and good friends of mine would have some choice words to say. But he was always kinda that whacky spark that made TTV…well…TTV.

I have faith that the rest of you will be able to hold it together and lead the channel in new and interesting directions, despite how I may feel about them. Thinking about it though, TTV does feel a bit more lifeless now. I’m interested to see what happens, but I’m more than a little concerned.

Best of luck to all parties involved.

RT~

18 Likes

good.