An Official Statement Regarding Eljay

While we all feel and believe in various levels that we got to know the cast over many years of watching their content and talking to them on the boards, the truth of the matter is that we dont. We know very little when it comes to the actual relationship between the cast as well as the internal private matters of their group such as the full strugles of what they have to go through each day.

On the internet we dont necesseraly share everything with everyone, specially private matters. TTV is quite transparent when it comes to business side of their relations and interactions (the interactions with fans are genuine enough to not feel like an automated response that you would aquire from less concerning groups and bussinesses). But if you factor in a situation where private behind the scenes relations are concern, then its not just a matter of bussiness anymore. Private matters are rarely understood by the majority of people outiside of the circle, since we all have a very destiled perception of who they are and what they do and thats just the reality of private relations on the internet and even in real life.

There is no doubt that if we knew the people in a more private way that we might get a way better understanding of their strugles, but as it is with the nature of our the communities relations with the cast, its just not feasable. We would have a very different response to it all of the private info as oppose to if we got to know them privately for a long period.

All we can do is to not worsen the situation with assumptions that can be spread in a harmful way or that can start potentially harmful miscommunications due to very different perceptions and experiences with the matter in question (simply not to start fights over it). Until they constructed a proper way to relay the information to be understood on a community level, we got to respect the private levels of this situation.

13 Likes

one of the most rational comments Iā€™ve read in any forum in a long time.

you good human

5 Likes

So long Eljay, you will be missed. TTV will never be the same. It will still be good but not the same. Good luck.

5 Likes

That ā€œunderstood at a community level statementā€ is much needed. As much as I respect the privacy of this situation, I hate reading corporate damage control. I just want a few basic things cleared up, without having to guess what went on.

7 Likes

How to bring down a Social Media Empire-Step One

Yes Iā€™m aware he left on his own

3 Likes

So does this mean Ninjagocast will be ending?

1 Like

Does it involve capturing the death Star plans by any chance?

2 Likes

Goodbye, Eljay. You will be missed.
<sigh> Now I know how One Direction fans felt when Zayn left.

2 Likes

whoā€™s holding the funeral

4 Likes

Maybe it does feel like that, but like Ven said they are also a group of friends not just a small company. Iā€™m betting if anyone on here knew another group of friends IRL and most of the group had an issue with one of the other friends resulting in him/her leaving the group, you wouldnā€™t want to be pressing for answers immediately out of politeness. Iā€™d say itā€™s the best thing to apply the same kind of decency to this situation as well.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s my stance on the situation, personally - Iā€™m caught between curiosity as to what happened and respect for the privacy of everyone involved. The latter wins, but I still canā€™t completely lock away my curiosity.

7 Likes

He didnā€™t leave on his own, he was fired. See the relevant post below from TenebraeInvictus

2 Likes

What do you mean?

There it goes my favorite cast member and the only TTV content creator I cared for. His insights and comments both on the boards and the podcast were great and interesting.

4 Likes

Well, you stated that you believed that he left on his own, which wasnā€™t at all implied by the first post in this topic, and Invi specifically clarified that this was, in fact, not the case. To be honest, it seems relatively clear cut to me.

Forgive me if Iā€™m misunderstanding, but I have a tough time fathoming as to why anyone would like this comment. It truly saddens me. Seriously.

2 Likes

My bad, I am so sorry.

1 Like

Aw, thatā€™s alright; thereā€™s nothing here for you to be sorry about, man. Apologies if I came across as insensitive or rude.

1 Like

It came across as a friendly reminder. I was only giving Eljay the benefit of the doubt. I still will as I really do believe that he had some say in this decision.

1 Like

Well since he is no longer a Cast member of TTV, I wondering if they ever going replaced him with someone new?

Iā€™ve just been reading through as this thread grows, seeing everybody elseā€™s reactions, not really sure how to respond myself.

I guess Iā€™ll just go for it.

Iā€™d really never expected to see one of he core cast members disappear. Iā€™ve followed you guys for a long time, started watching regularly since about when Takuma got brought on I think. Iā€™ll be honest, itā€™s really gonna suck not to have Eljay around. But I get that this wasnā€™t a decision made out of malice or anything like that, itā€™s a bummer so many people here arenā€™t able to take a look at the situation from the perspective of the cast. I understand that the decision was made as a result of the personal relationship between you all and whatever friction may have arisen there, and I totally understand the way in which that could stress and weigh on the work relationship. What we see on the podcast and other videos differs from what goes on behind the scenes, and irs a bummer to hear that that hasnā€™t been as smooth as it once was. I too am sad to see him gone, but I get that sometimes when many options are tried, the few that remain may not be pretty, and I fully respect the decision to keep details private and not go in depth about what went on because it revolves less around the conduct of business and instead around the personal interactions between you all that have led to this final business decision.

That all said, man, this really sucks. Eljayā€™s been synonymous with TTV for me for a long time, the idea of one without the other is justā€¦ Strange. If you ever read this Eljay Iā€™m really gonna miss your presence on the show, and all your content production as part of the team. I hope you donā€™t totally disappear and still remain active among us, but I can understand how an event like this can pretty well change your perspective on the community and may reduce your motivation to stick around, but know that the community wonā€™t soon forget you and youā€™ll be missed if you donā€™t continue to be part of the community in some capacity. Iā€™m sorry this all went down like it did man, and may Mata Nui guide you wherever you go from here.

To the rest of the cast, well, Iā€™m also sorry it happened like this. But I guess things donā€™t always go how weā€™d like them to and sometimes itā€™s not really in our hands to make a situation into what we want it to be, sometimes weā€™ve just got to deal with it as it is, and while I donā€™t know what went on Iā€™m not gonna attack anybody or try to put anybody in the wrong for this. I know this decision wasnā€™t made lightly, and if anything you all are probably even more saddened by all this than we are, we just lost Eljay as. a longtime host that we all love, but for you guys heā€™s a friend, much closer to you than he was to us on a personal level. I donā€™t know what the relationship between he and you all will be from now on on a personal level, and itā€™s not my business, but I am sorry for really every member of TTV, Jay included, that it came to this point and happened that way. I hope you guys donā€™t lose too many followers out of this, but I know itā€™s gonna take me some time to get used to the idea of him being gone.

Have a good one everybody, thanks for all your efforts in a time that really canā€™t be easy for any of you.

• Jowm
16 Likes