An Official Statement Regarding Eljay

Aye, what news… I know I’ll miss him. My hope is that wherever he goes from here, he may be followed for the sporadic quirkiness we all knew and loved him for.

Thank you for your testimony, Jowm. All I can say is… well said.

5 Likes

I kind of assumed this was coming. I mean, Ejay’s show was the only one that had a definitive end to it. I wonder how this will work out from a business standpoint, though, as Eljay’s Miru was more or less (for me anyway) the face of The Three Virtues, the only other avatar coming close being Meso’s Skull. However, it has seemed like TTV has been trying to go in a different direction for a while, becoming actual people with faces more than characters with MOC avatars. I shall however echo the rest of the comunities regret that he will no longer be part of the podcast, as without him, most of the other cast tends to agree with each other on Lego and bionicle related topics.

(Although, let’s be real here, its really because of his mask; I mean, what other mask got taken off and replaced with evil mind control devices most years? Taking it off was a bad idea.) /s

7 Likes

It’s not that you’re liking that he got the boot, it’s liking the post for the clarification (as opposed to thinking that he decided to leave)

11 Likes

To me that sounded a bit rude. I’m sorry, Ten but I want to give Eljay the benefit of the doubt. Not giving him a say in this event doesn’t feel right to me. If I was to have a group consider giving one a boot, I would make sure that the person in question is in the know and able to have a voice in the matter so that everyone’s on the same page and nobody feels as though they are being picked on.

2 Likes

He didn’t get a sudden notification that he was out of the group, if that’s what you’re thinking.

I refer you back to the fact that this is a culmination of events, not just a singular time where the group decided we needed to part ways.

EDIT: But to clarify, I am very sad to see Eljay to go, he is a great friend

12 Likes

Just my theory about all this. Again, I’ll miss him being part of the cast but hey, that’s life for you, change is inevitable and we have to make the best with what we got and live with our decisions.

1 Like

The Patron already help one in the SponsorChat

2 Likes

Eljay you will be missed by at least one lego loving feathered friend. I would also like to note that the reason I now watch TTV is because of Eljay’s recap reviews, without them I never would have taken a look at the podcasts themselves. Eljay, thank you for your contribution to this community. :mask:

3 Likes

I think you are making a lot of assumptions as to what this situation is and how it was handled.

If you were a part of TTV, this announcement would not have come as a surprise to you. While I understand that to you as a viewer this feels out of left field, I can confirm that this was not something that happened over night and has been ongoing for a very long time.

14 Likes

Sorry, and you are correct. As a viewer, this did feel out of left field.

3 Likes

What we were specifically talking about in that podcast is a livable wage for several people, which is a massive expense to earn and something we don’t make right now because of the demise of Vessel and the Adpocalypse. Eljay was generously compensated throughout the entire time he was with the channel.

I’m sorry you got that impression, because the idea that anyone thinks we would consider any “business” decision so valuable we would kick out a true friend over it legitimately saddens me. Our relationships with each other are the core of the TTV channel, they’ve always been, and they’re at the core of every decision we make, especially this one.

The transparency we were talking about having is transparency related to the business and decisions regarding it. We believe that it’s better to be open and honest about these things, because we value our audience’s trust. We realize that some people will always view things as “shady” because it’s business-related, and we hope to offset this by being as transparent as possible when people ask us things related to that.

This, on the other hand, is a serious, personal and private matter that we are trying to deal with courtesy. I understand that some of you feel like that courtesy is being vague, and there’s no way around it, because it is. We aren’t mentioning specifics for a reason, and that reason is to respect everyone involved, including and especially Eljay.

16 Likes

I understand. Well, we shouldn’t dwell on the past. What’s done is done, and now we need to look to the future. I hope Eljay’ll drop in once in a while and visit his old stomping grounds as it were.

4 Likes

I’ve been reading through the thread, and I feel this question was answered but I missed it (So sorry if I did), but are you still friends with Eljay (Like do you guys still play games)? It was stated that friendships were strained, though I am unsure what that means in regards to him still being a friend to the group. If that is not the case however, do feel sorry that such had to happen.

4 Likes

I’d also like to emphasize this post. :stuck_out_tongue:

As someone who was a fan just like all y’all, I can understand where a lot of people are coming from. But after joining and interacting with everyone off-air, I definitely think firing Eljay is for the best.

12 Likes

This whole thing just feels scummy in a corporate way. I’m fairly sure there’s nothing that anyone on the cast can do to make me feel like there’s anything perfectly fine with this situation. TTV has gotten way to corporate and removed from the fans lately. Even in respect of privacy I still wonder, Why? Why did this have to happen? What could have happened that could possibly have lead to this? Why is it that some people don’t even care about the reasons behind this decision? I hope these questions will be sincerely answered in a human to human exchange but I seriously doubt that will happen.

2 Likes

This is not us being corporate.

This is us respecting boundaries.

I honestly don’t know how else to convey that.

12 Likes

And therein lies the ‘problem’ with TTV. They started the podcast as friends, and it slowly morphed into a multimedia company, and so they went from being friends to being friends AND business partners.

If this were simply a business, then I’d want a full written statement with a step-by-step of what went wrong. If this were some large company (say Disney or Apple or Microsoft) and they let one of their big honchos go, then they would most likely say “here’s what happened, here’s why we disagree with this person, and here’s why we let them go”, because that person would have been a co-worker first (most likely). With TTV, whatever happened behind the scenes sounded like it was the friendship that deteriorated first. Something obviously happened BTS that made the friendships start to crack, and that unfortunately bled into the business.

Because of this, TTV has to either stay private because of the private thing that happened, or go full on corporate mode and be cold and unfeeling. It’s like seeing two friends that had been dating break up. Because of human nature, we’re immediately intrigued and want to know what happened. They’ll either want to talk about it, or want to keep it private because it was something between the two of them that needs to stay between the two of them.

While we may want to know everything that happened, now isn’t the best time to know what happened, and it may never be good to know what happened. Friends drifting apart isn’t ever fun. I’ve been going through that lately myself, and can fully understand why TTV wants to keep this private for at least now or forever.

25 Likes

Thank you! @Zero, do you not think you are overreacting? Saying they’ve gone corporate is a major leap of logic.

3 Likes

There’s this phenomenon where people think they are owed an explanation for something that, albeit is very upsetting, but also is meant to be very personal. I assume Eljay being let off the cast is because of something personal, and if it were me, I wouldn’t want everyone knowing about my personal matters, especially with things like this. I’m not gonna demand an explanation and cry “corporate” whenever someone I enjoyed watching isn’t gonna be around anymore. I already have an idea what TTV is going through, and through my experience, I don’t have to ask for an explanation. Some things just don’t work out, and I assume the decision wasn’t just made for TTV, but for the cast members. I believe TTV kept all factors in mind when making this decision. It happened, and though it’s sad, to me, it’s not gonna affect my opinion on the cast members or Eljay much. I’ll still enjoy what they do despite not having Eljay around, so I won’t bother trying to get more information about something I couldn’t control. I am satisfied that TTV is at least trying to make the best out of matters like this, and although things aren’t gonna be the same, they’re not necessarily turning for the worst.

19 Likes

I like how professional TTV is compared to other Lego Youtube channels, but I hope they keep close with their fans.
I hope they can further explain the situation and not keep us in the dark. If it’s too personal then I get it, but all i can say now is that I hope this change won’t affect anything too much. Good luck to Eljay and the TTV Channel going forward.

9 Likes