An Official Statement Regarding Jon

Again? Whatever.

1 Like

rebirth is a difficoult thing to do thou, especially if you end up being unable to find someone who can fill the void those people left. A worse part that may happen with two people leaving on the same day, is that it may scare away possible future recruits for the TTV crew.

The reason why is that people may start to wonder why two people would leave on the same day.

3 Likes

Iā€™m waiting for the scandal.

Ok, maybe rebirth was the wrong word to use. Itā€™s more of a restart then it is a rebirth

2 Likes

This is pretty heart-wrenching. I havenā€™t really listened to the podcast since bionicle ended the second time, but I owe a lot to it, and you guys. Iā€™m in college now, but at times in high-school i had a hard time socially and often felt very isolated from my classmates. The window into the friendship of TTV cast more than often helped my feel not so alone, even if I really was.

Moving on is a part of life. I still drool over that huge new millennium falcon set, and Tahuā€™s original kanohi will eternally rest on my desk along with my funko bobbleheads; even though my main interests are more around film and art now. The memories of your guysā€™ podcast and friendships are like that. Theyā€™ll always be a part of who I am, and Iā€™ll never forget that you all gave me a place to turn when everyone else seemed a million miles away.

I guess Iā€™d just like to show some thanks for what you did together. Even if your channel and individual lives are changing, and youā€™re parting ways, carry the good memories with you. Sorry if thatā€™s too deep and sentimental lol. You guys do great stuff.

19 Likes

The TTV staff purge of 2018 has begun.

7 Likes

This is so out of nowhere. Itā€™s sad every time a member leaves. Two in one day thoughā€¦
Hopefully you guys will come back from this in full force.

4 Likes

ā€œWe will never fail you again.ā€

I donā€™t like to be negative, and try to give the benefit of the doubt when I donā€™t know. BUT, you already have failed me again. Eljay got dropped, Jon got dropped. Growing up, my mom told me that if you have problems with everyone around you, maybe itā€™s not everyone you know who has a problem, maybe itā€™s you.

I donā€™t know what went on, and until I do I wonā€™t assume anything to be true, but my standing good faith that whatever happened with Eljay wasnt without decent reason, and that everything that goes on internally must at least be reasonable and considerate, and that the decisions made regarding the cast are done with care and good will, has been lost.

Sorry, but at this point I am no longer confident in the direction of the TTV channel. Iā€™ll continue to watch, I enjoy your content and Iā€™ve been a long time fan, but, well, if this is the trend, the problem might be within, not outside.

I hope to see more from Jon in the future as well, and will continue to follow him as long as he makes that possible.

15 Likes

Iā€™ve also pretty much stepped away from the TTV community as a whole. I understand your reasoning a hundred percent.

2 Likes

I mean thereā€™s a reason this action was takenā€¦

8 Likes

So, despite being a bit sad about this and Prpl, I honestly donā€™t have much of a problem with either. I mean, if this is how things went, I can always adapt. I dunno if itā€™s because I havenā€™t been caught up on the podcasts much or I just never had that much attachment or both, but the decisionā€™s already been made. Personally, Iā€™m just gonna go about my day and wish everyone involved best of luck in the future.

4 Likes

Canā€™t wait for the Jonathan juan show

6 Likes

Oh dear. Thatā€™s truly a shame.

1 Like

I mean, that depends on who everyone around you is. If you are visiting an insane asylumā€¦ This is a joke, please donā€™t hurt me.

3 Likes

I understand the need for privacy but I do think itā€™s understandable that it looks kinda weird to the userbase when 2 long term members and 1 not long term but still around a while member either leave or get fired in a pretty short period of time, considering how long the channelā€™s existed.

5 Likes

Not to theorize, but Prpl leaving and Jon getting fired are probably connected in some way, so them leaving in such a short time span is not really that strange. But I could very easily be dead wrong.

15 Likes

Iā€™ve heard that the story is Jon said something really bad to Prpl, which caused her to leave, and then Jon was fired because of it.

5 Likes

Technically, they cycled through a lot of members in the early days, itā€™s just that recently they have a more stable cast.

~W12~

6 Likes

So uh.

Whatā€™s gonna happen to Ninjagocast now that half the cast is gone? Brickfeed can always find a new host, but Ninjagocast looks a bit moreā€¦direā€¦

I also take it that Art Farts is gone for good?

1 Like

Exx has already displayed talent at hosting a few episodes of Brickfeed, so heā€™ll be a fine replacement. Given that NinjaGo Cast is seasonal, nothing may happen to it. Since thereā€™s only one or two episodes left for Sons of Garmadon, Meso and Var might finish on their own, or bring in Invi or someone to help them wrap up. Everything and anything is up in the air at this point.

8 Likes