Any Sherlockians Here?

Just tonight I finished the first season of the BBC show.

How have I not discovered this level of brilliance in television before?

4 Likes

This kind of post belongs in promotions and advertising. As such, since you are not the master rank, you canā€™t make a topic for it.

As such, Iā€™m gonna have to remove the post.

Aaaaaaaaaaaance once again I arrive too late for context. :confused:

Anyway, Iā€™m a fan of the BBC Show, and have read a collection of Sherlock Holmes books. Quite intriguing, and definitely a workout for your brain.

3 Likes

The Sherlock Holmes books are true works of art. Once I was exposed to the original stories, anyone else who tries to make Sherlock Holmes their own way makes it hard for me to think the character is truly Holmes.

I suppose so, though Iā€™d say BBC does their best to take the original Sherlock and turn it up to 11. Though he is certainly not as noble as the Conan Doyle version, I still believe the basic character is prevalent.

I havenā€™t watched the BBC show. I heard it was good, though. Perhaps I should check it out, and see how I think of it.

Also, anyone here read The Sign of the Four? I think itā€™s one of the best Sherlock Holmes novels.

Itā€™s veryā€¦grittyā€¦so IDK what you would think of it. The characters are very good though.

I have not. I was hoping to find an audio version of more Sherlock Holmes books, but there are surprisingly few in my areaā€¦

I can take gritty stuff. Some of the Sherlock Holmes books and stories where gritty.

I just finished season three of the BBC show a few days ago.

HOLY JEEZ HEā€™S BACK

3 Likes

SQUEEEE!!! Ehemā€¦ Yeahā€¦

1 Like

Spoiler that for the newblets who havenā€™t seen it yet!

1 Like

I am the ultimate Sherlock fan.

I mean,

Lookit my avatar.

Creepy Sherlock swiggity sweg.

Still refusing to address myself as Sherlockian though.

2 Likes

Heck to the yeah! Itā€™s a shame the next season isnā€™t planned till late 2016, thoughā€¦ D:

I guess Iā€™m no longer the ultimate Sherlock fanā€¦

;-;

1 Like

Fun fact: my mom liked to scare the living crap out of me with The Houd of the Baskervilles. When I was under 5 I had a picturebook of the Baskervilles with an audio casette, and it was played to me several times as a bedtime story. A while later the casette got broken, and we borrowed a comic book with an audio CD of the same story because you know, good parenting. By the time I turned six I had seen two movies of the Baskervilles, both of which I had watched right before sleep. Oh, how I miss those good olā€™ daysā€¦

2 Likes

Yep, prefer Elementary though

3 Likes

But this series is one of the only series I have seen portray Sherlock Holmes and Watson perfectly.

Moriarty on the other handā€¦ Ughā€¦ I hate how they turned him into an eccentric villainā€¦

the tv show is like
basically doctor who
but reskinned

Classic Sherlock Holmes > Doctor Who.

1 Like