Any TTV Hip Hop fans?

NF is the only standalone hip hop artist I rly enjoy. Soul Glo Activatur is cool but he’s the rapper for a crunkore band

@Hawkflight did you know he’s a Christian?

I did, actually.

Anyone here listened to Mike Shinoda’s Post Traumatic album?

1 Like

I did

It was alright, I was surprised I liked it as much as I did at the time. Definitely has some catchy choruses but I can’t say I care all that much for Mike as a rapper.

I wouldn’t call myfelf a hip hop fan but there’s a few fusion jazz hip hop ensembles I enjoy: Deluxe, Movits! and Ricky-Tick Big Band.

This is one of my favorites

Jam dem classics boi

I Love Eminem

His early stuff is pretty good, definitely fell off hard in my opinion. But the Slim Shady LP is such a fun album and has the majority of my favorites by him

1 Like

Imo revival is his best work and kamikaze was on the same level

This seems slightly biased

1 Like

Lol probably.

Anyone listen to whole lotta red by Playboi Carti? if so what are your overall impressions if you listened to the album
Im bored so imma gonna write a short review.
My thoughts on wlr is the album had an intreintg approach merging trap with punk. I think the album was too long and could have improved by removing some tracks and extending other song lengths. I enjoyed Cartis extermination with a raspy voice and coming even more aggressive than he did on Die Lit.

My three favorite songs have to be Stop Breathing, Teen X, and ILoveUIHateU.

Overall I think whole lotta red is good direction for Carti, I give it a 7/10 WLR is good but Die Lit is superior

Haven’t listened to the new album because I saw it wasn’t received so well. I kind of like Die Lit but I’d only give it around a 6/10, Poke It Out is pretty fun to listen to but overall trap isn’t my type of rap.

1 Like

Poke it out is a highlight of Die Lit, the bass on that song is so satisfying

Oh man, I love DOOM and Rakim.

2 Likes

All caps, respect.

2 Likes

Any opinions on MOTM 3 by Kid Cudi?

1 Like

I enjoyed it, I excpected something more from Kid Cudi but its still good.
She Knows this, Show Out, and RockStar Knights are me favorites off the album.
I think the songs are too similar and the album becomes redundant. I think the redundancy comes from the beats not having much variety.

1 Like

I agree, I think overall it was a pretty good album, Cudi made it pretty clear that he wanted to give it more of a “modern rap/Travis Scott” vibe which you can see the similarities between them throughout the album. The beats are nice but I can see what you mean by not having a range of variety, unlike the first two MOTM albums, you could see the contrast between something like Mr. Rager to GHOST. In the end, I’d give it an 8.5/10, seeing MOTM 3 meant a lot and probably couldn’t have come out at a better time. I think it’s cool that Cudi is trying new things.

Favorites:

The Void, Mr. Solo Dolo Pt. 3, Show Out (Skepta really snapped on that one) , She Knows This, and Tequila Shots.

1 Like