Aquaman

So… The Aquaman trailer is on the Internet. And… I dig it a lot. It looks very cool. I really like it. I still don’t know if I am going to go to it in theaters or at Bumblebee instead, but I have plenty of time to think at this.
Here is the trailer:

Since now we know that Black Manta will NOT be the main villain, and he will be more like a Loki character (hopefully he will survive the movie). Arthur’s brother will be the main villain. I hope these two characters will actually be good villains, since DC have the same problem as Marvel when it comes of the villains (however Marvel started to fix that issue with Villains like Thanos or Killmonger).
I am looking forward for it but I am still a little skeptical. Maybe the second trailer will convince me to abandon Bumblebee.
Anyway, what do you guys think about the movie?

1 Like

Looks overall just unoriginal to me. Something about the trailer makes me think this is going to be a movie with the brother believing he’s the rightful heir and that Aquadude has no place in the kingdom is unbelievably generic. Ragnarok made it work, but that was Ragnarok, so…

Overall, my opinion is that the one actually cool part of the trailer is Black Manta, and he’s not the main villain, and looks pretty weird. So I’ll stick to Shazam as the #1 DC hype movie.

2 Likes

I literally don’t see any similarity between Ragnarok and Aquaman.

A person who is not a likeable leader becomes a monarch, wanting to start a war with another people, probably for conquest. The main character rejects the throne at the beginning, which leads to this, and eventually realizes his kingdom needs him to rule so they don’t get stuck with jerks.

Yeah but Thor didn’t rejected it.
I can see where are you going with this. It is a classic motif in movies, but I have fate in Aquaman. I just hope we won’t have messed up CGI-made characters again.

1 Like

Technically he did in Dark World, but Aquamam doesn’t have a prequel.

1 Like

Technically JL would be its prequel.

1 Like

Looked a little hokey to me, honestly. It didn’t seem unoriginal, but something about it just seemed off.

It’s not as exciting a concept as Shazam for me at least.

2 Likes

Seems a bit like Thor, but I think it’ll be fun.

I don’t really care too much about this but I just wanted to say that Black Manta looks like a Power Rangers villain

2 Likes

Dc is sucking this year, so i’m not sure how this is going to turn out.

hopefully better than the last couple of movies, though.

1 Like

Other than the Dark Knight trilogy, the old 80’s and 90’s Batman movies, and Wonder Woman, Ive never seen a good DC movie

EDIT: I’ve only seen the first two 80’s/90’s Batman’s, so I wouldn’t know about the other two

2 Likes

So Aquaman got 97% on Rotten Tomatoes.
What were you guys saying?

1 Like

I’ve been excited for aquaman since the pre-release reviews came put

I still have 0 hype for this movie, the trailers aren’t helping.

1 Like