Ara: Toa of Light (My self moc, for real this time)

Remember Ara, the first moc I posted on the boards? Well forget about it because the only thing this Ara has in common is the name and nothing story related! Now I’ve been posting a lot of “self Mocs” lately, but none of them really represented me. So I built this awesome guy to be a real self moc! He was slightly inspired by mainiamac1613’s ultamite Zaries and samurai, But besides that he is completely original!
So without further ado…
Ara:

Stability:

Size comparison:

And yes, I tried my best to give him human proportions.
C&C is very Appreciated!
Have a great day!

20 Likes

His arms are way too long, but the colours are good, and the build is ok, but the back looks off somehow. Maybe it’s the spikes.

2 Likes

His arms are perfectly proportionate, it’s that the sword bolts make the arms look longer and clunkier.

No, in the first size comparison picture, his arms clearly stretch below his knees.

2 Likes

No, look.

Just above the knee

1 Like

Quite the improvement, i mean it still needs some work but youve improved, the back quite open and the armor bulges just to much other than that nice moc
I hope this is your last self moc :smile:

1 Like

The body/torso looks very intricate, and the way the swords and hands go together is cool (he doesn’t need more than three fingers). Two things that may need a bit of touching up is maybe the back and the little “hands” the swords connect to while put away, the stick out a little too far in my opinion. Also, the neck seems really long to me, though that is completely opinion-based. Cool MOC!

1 Like

By overall MOCing standards it’s ok, but this is probably the best MOC you’ve ever made, and is a huge improvement from the usual. Please don’t take this comment as if I’m criticizing you, because this really is a compliment. This MOC is so much better compared to some of your earlier MOCs, and being able to improve is something you should be proud of.

1 Like

The arms, despite what you’re more detailed pictures showed, could use a little shortening. The sword holders stick out too much on the sides, making the torso look weird. I’d find a different mask too, as the Nuva shoulders are hard to make look good without a custom head and was used on a similarly colored character by a different MOCist here(name escapes me), and it’s always been his signature thing. The concept is nice, it’s just not well executed.

1 Like

Thanks so much! Also I think I have fixed the arms

2 Likes

looks good, but the ends of his fingers should barely reach halfway down his thighs/ Other than that, it looks good.

1 Like

Try to bulk up the shoulders.

2 Likes

I did update the moc’s arms to be shorter in post 10

1 Like

Oh, good!
Actually, it’s still a bit long, but i would take off the friction adders at the shoulders, just to make it at the perfect length.

2 Likes

I don’t like the “mask”

1 Like

Ok… do you have a suggestion to replace it?