Arcana: the downfall

“It’s nothing important.” Saras assures him. He accepts the drink. “Thank you.” He takes a sip.

“I don’t really travel much… I was hoping we could see each other when all this is said and done.”

Tortwig nodded. “I’ll visit you, then. I don’t mind, either.”

Frostvin raised an eyebrow. “You’re welcome.” He says. He sits down net to Saras and sips his own tea.

“I guess. That just seems pretty far to travel often. It took us days to get from Pikewall to here.”
Edward said. Clearly there was something he was trying to get at, without outright saying as much.

Saras stays silent, eyes going back to the weapon on his lap.

Tortwig raised an eyebrow. “If you want to say something, feel free to say it.”

Frostvin examined the Hook. “That weapon… Those Azarana guys must really want it back. Do you think that guy will try again?”

“Yes.” He said. “It’s quite powerful, and has a lot of history for the clan.” He was silent for a bit. “Not a lot of people know much about the Azarana. What about you?”

Frostvin shrugged. “They’re not great guys. Never really got tangled up with them, never really liked them. If I had a really good chance, though, I would take them out.”

He nods. “They’re mercenaries. Originally though, their intentions were a lot more pure than now. They were only started about 5 generations back, by a band of people led by Azaran. He was the man who originally held this hook.”

1 Like

“Interesting.” Frostvin said. “Wonder why they turned bad.”

“Azaran’s grandson was a little less than pure intentioned, but because of his bloodline, he got to the lead. Then it all went downhill from there.”

“Yikes. I hate it when that happens.”

“Its just… I care about you. Like a lot. You listen to me, and support the ways I think in a way that no one else ever really has. And I don’t know what to do or how to handle it. This is just really weird for me. The idea of you leaving, or getting badly hurt again. It makes me sick. I want to see you happy and okay, and I just don’t get it.”

He nods. “Imagine being the father when you find out it happened.” He said, chuckling. It was obvious though that it was forced, and that he wasn’t telling everything.

Tortwig blinked. Her tail twitched. She sighed. “The thing is… I do feel the same way about you. You fixed my arm. I owe you so much. And… For once, someone out of my family shares my views… Nobody but my sister understood me, all they did was nod and smile.”
She looked at Edward. “I feel the same.” She said quietly.

Frostvin snickered. He blipped over the forced chuckling.

He smiles sadly and takes another sip of tea. “Huh, this is good. I might have to go thank Edward for letting us have it.” He says.

Oliver finally managed to get up, his strength mostly back

Edward quietly placed his hand over hers.

“You know, you don’t owe me anything.”

Tortwig sighed. She clasped her hand around Edward’s hand. “I suppose.”

Saras gets up and puts the Hook back on his back. “Actually, yeah. I’m going to thank him.” He said, heading towards where he thought Edward might be. “Again, thanks for bringing me some, Frostvin.”