Arcana: the downfall

“I probably wouldn’t be alive.”

“Good point. Where to next?”

“The only places of note left are the generator and the hub, which is where all the robots recharge every night.”

“Lets go to the hub.”

“Alright then.”
Edward left the Forge. Down multiple halls he reaches the Hub. A large sized room with many specialized holes and cubbies covering the walls, enough for every single automaton he created. Only half the cubbies seemed to be occupied.

“They’re cute.” She remarked. She examined some of the niches and cubbies. “You must have a lot of automatons.”

“I do. Had a lot more before that Hydra showed up.”
He said with a tone of frustration.

“But it doesn’t matter. The legion is still strong enough as is.”

Tortwig nodded. “Legion?”

“Its how I refer to my machines as a collective group.”

“Ohhh. It sounds cool.” Tortwig mused. “Thanks for showing me around! It was fun. This place is really cool.”

“No problem. Now I should probably go see what Saras wanted to talk about. Don’t be afraid to find me if you need anything.”

1 Like

He’d find him sitting a little ways off, polishing his blade.

Edward approached his friend.

“So what is it you wanted to talk about?”

“…It’s about the attacker.” He said. “I noticed something…strange about him during our fight, and I trust you most out of everyone else who’s here to tell.”

“Alright.”
He said, sitting down next to him.
“Lay it on me.”

He sighs and removes his helmet.
If Edward had seen the face of their assailant, he might realize a resemblance between them.
“I think…well, I know he was definitely related to me somehow, but…” He trails off.

“You think he was your kid?”
Edward asked.

He’s silent for a bit. “…Yes.” He finally admits. “I do.”

“That… Yeah that’s pretty tough. I’m really not sure what to say here. I’m sorry.”
Edward said honestly.

“It’s fine.” He said. “I just…I didn’t want to be the only one to know, and I trust you with that information.”