Arcana: the downfall

Tortwig nodded. She walked to the library and pulled out her book. Curling up in one of the chairs, she opened it and began to read.

Frostvin explored the kitchen. “Finally, decent cookware. I think I might make everybody some dinner.” He rubbed his hands together excitedly and began cooking.

1 Like

“Thanks. I appreciate it.”
He said with a smile.

As Frostvin worked, a delicious smell would waft throughout nearby hallways and rooms.
Frostvin could be heard whistling happily as he moved from dish to bowl. The entire kitchen was filled with ingredients and half-prepared foods.

1 Like

“Well, if that’s all, there’s something I need to take care of. If there’s anything else you want to talk about, I’m not hard to find.”

Edward then left to find Melissa, who was playing with Delta and the Hydra. He told the Megalo child to leave both where they were, and that he had something special to show her.

Edward lead her to a wall near his bedroom. Behind a secret panel, was the entrance to Edward’s personal shrine. The two entered and the door closed behind them. It was a decently sized room. In the center of it was an elegant and elaborate shrine to Pian Ya, with many candles keeping the room lit.

“Why are we here?”
Melissa asked.

“Because there’s someone I think you should meet.”
He then knelt in front of the shrine, and prayed to summon the goddess of knowledge.

@ace

Pian appeared, behind the pair, “boo!” She says jokingly

Frostvin continued his work in the kitchen. A few dishes were near completion, and there was several more that were half done. The good smells increased.

They both jumped, Melissa more than Edward. They both turned around.

Melissa looked at the goddess wearily, but Edward greeted her warmly.

“Its good to see you.”
Edward said kindly.

Saras got up and headed towards the kitchen. “Smells good. What’s cooking?”

“likewise,” she said kindly

Frostvin looked at Saras. Flour covered his face. He grinned “dinner!”

Duo entered the kitchen. He booped, and offered to help. Frostvin nodded. “Go ahead!” The small droid for on an apron shivered to and fro, working on various dishes.

Melissa slowly crept behind Edward, not trusting the goddess.

“Hey, it’s alright. If there’s anyone you can trust, it’s her. She took good care of me for most of my life. She’s family.”

Melissa stepped out a little, but still didn’t completely trust the goddess.

He chuckles. “I think you’re supposed to eat that after you cook it into something.” He said.

Frostvin rolled his eyes. “What are you talking about?” He continued cooking.

“Um, you have a little flour on your face.” He tells him.

“Yes. I know. That tends to happen when making bread.”

Pian’s smile stopped for a brief moment, a megalo…how?

“Pian, this is my daughter. Her name is Melissa. I found her in an ancient temple, and I’ve been taking care of her since. She’s really sweet.”
Edward said, though ‘sweet’ isn’t exactly how one would describe Melissa’s current behavior.

“how’d you guys meet” she asked awkwardly

“We uh, ran into some complications with the other Megalos and they… Left. They all left. Right. Anyway, she was all alone, so I took it upon myself to take care of her. It was just before I found out about that thing…”
Edward said awkwardly, trying to tip toe around the sensitive spot.

“Yeah. That thing I’ve known about my whole life! And I know what you did.”
Melissa said angrily.

“Melissa, please. That was a long time ago. She’s a better person. I’ve trusted her with my life for years.”

Pian looked away