Arcana: the downfall

Melissa let it, sectioning off a small part of her food for it to eat.

Edward wasn’t quite comfortable with letting this thing eat at the table like that, but decided to bring it up later.

Frostvin shook his head. “Yeah. I’m not sure what the heck is going on, but we’re gonna need to be ready for almost anything.”

Tortwig cleared her plate. “Maybe the royalty went bad?”

“We still would have heard about it. Someone would have escaped.”

Tortwig shrugged. “Yeah. I guess we’ll find out when we get there.”

“By the way, we should work out sleeping arrangements. I only have the one bedroom, and there’s not enough room for everyone in the library.”

“I’m fine anywhere.” Frostvin supplied.

Tortwig shrugged. “Same here.”

“The way I see it, there’s six of us. Melissa and I will take the bedroom. Two people can fit in the fireplace, one person can sleep in the work room, and the last person can stay in here.”

“I can stay in here,” offered Oliver

“Good. That just leaves the library and the work room.”

Tortwig raised her hand. “Could I sleep in the library?”

Frostvin waited for Saras’ response.

“I don’t have a problem with it.”
Edward replied.

1 Like

“Great! Thanks!”

“If it’s okay with you, I think I’ll sleep in one of the trees outside. After so may years you get used to sleeping under the stars.” He chuckles. “Besides, I’m a light sleeper, so I could also be standing guard up there.”

“If you’re sure. I guess I can’t stop you.”
Edward said wearily. He offered no resistance but clearly wasn’t all for the idea.

“Is there a problem?” He asks.

“I just don’t think its the safest option. Besides I’m the only one who can get the code pad out, so you’ll be locked outside if something happens.”

“Fair enough.” He shrugs. “Then I guess I’ll take whatever’s left.”

“There’s one spot in the work room and one left in the library.”

“I’ll take the library then.” He said.

Frostvin nodded. “Work room for me.”