Arcana: the downfall

“Alright. Good! Everyone is figured out then.”
Edward said happily.

“And Frostvin I’d just like to thank you again for this amazing dinner.”

@meepinater

1 Like

“No problem! It’s a hobby of mine, I’m just glad you have actually decent cookware.”
Frostvin said.

Tortwig left the table to go read some more in the library before she went to sleep.
Duo and Quadro followed her.

Melissa stretched her arms and yawned.

“Alright, I better tuck this one in. I’ll be back.”
Edward lifted up Melissa out of her chair and carried her to the bedroom. Multiple worker class automatons entered the room and collected the dirty dishes from those who left.

The Hydra followed

Edward gently set the sleepy Megalo into the bed and tucked her in. He gave her a light kiss on the forehead and returned to the others. Delta powered down and rested on the night stand by the bed. Beta went to his charging base. Alpha stayed with his creator.

Edward then returned to the others.

The Hydra curled up at her feet, having taken a liking to her

Edward sat down at the table.
“Alright. We should probably have a plan for tomorrow. It’ll be a couple day trip from here to the kingdom. Ideas?”

“we’ll get to Nordum by tomorrow, afterwards I suggest heading to the capital.”

“But what do we do when we get there? I know we don’t have a lot of information to work with, but we need a plan.”

“I’m guessing something with the godkiller, why else would we have needed to retrieve it?”

“Actually, that gets me thinking. Lux didn’t guide us to get that thing. It was that Caz guy who sent us after it. Not the god that started all of this in the first place.”

“I still don’t know who that is.”

“He’s some kind of chaotic being. Not really a god or a titan, but still crazy powerful. He healed you when you got hurt.”

“…huh…”

“My point being this guy is clearly separate from Lux. There’s no way he would want us to get that sword because that would mean he willingly wanted us to see his secret.”

“Thought,” Frostvin said, “Maybe he’s a god in disguise. God’s do have quite a bit of power.”

“there isn’t a god of disguise.”

“He can’t be a god. He sent us there to find the sword and find out about the war. Why would a god send us to discover their darkest secret?”

“Maybe he’s an enemy of the gods, then.”

“what enemy of the gods is that powerful?”