Arcana: the downfall

“oh?”

“It’s Melissa. She was crying and rolling around in her sleep. Then she woke up and started crying more and I don’t know what to do!”
Thetis said. Sounding somewhat panicked.

Pian set down what she was doing, and headed there quickly, “Melissa? What’s wrong?”

Tortwig frowned.
“Wait. Is my stuff-”
she groaned in frustration as she realized where her equipment would be. She turned around and began trudging back towards the capital.

She was on the bed, still crying. She looked up at the goddess and tried to tell what happened.

“I had a bad dream. I-I saw dad, but he said he didn’t love me, a-and he was being really mean and scary. And turned into a big scary m-monster and then he a-ate me and I- aaahhhhh”
Melissa broke down into crying, putting her face back in her knees.

Tortwig continued walking back towards the capital.

Pian hugged her close, her body emanating a soothing heat.

There was an angel patrol heading her way

Melissa grabbed at her tightly. Her cries slowly mellowed into sobs and whimpers.

“Never go away.”
She pleaded. Tears still in her eyes.

“Never leave me alone.”

“I won’t,” she promised

Thetis was next to them, not really sure what to do. She felt a little awkward.

“So who’s this guy she’s so upset about?”
She asked Pian Ya in a whisper.

@Ace

“her father,” she whispered back, swaying slightly to help calm Melissa

“Oh. I see.”
Thetis said. She easily understood Melissa’s feelings, having recently been taken from her own parent.

She quietly nods

Melissa eventually calms down, but keeps hold of Pian Ya.

"He really cared right? He did care about me. You would know right?’
She asked, looking up at the goddess with a tear stained face.

She nods, “he did, he cared a lot.”

Melissa sniffled and nuzzled Pian. She took a great deal of comfort in her presence. She stayed like this until she was completely calmed down.

“I’m hungry.”
She said.

“breakfast is almost ready,” she replied

Oliver looked at the rising sun, and sighed, “do we even finish our quest?” He asked, turning to Saras, his resolve almost completely broken (@Runa)

“Okay.”
She said, finally letting go of the goddess.

“What are you making?”
She aksed.

Saras stays quiet for a short time. “Yes.” He said, his resolve strengthened whereas Oliver’s was shattered. “We need to do this. Look at how bad things are. If there’s even a chance that we can stop it from getting worse, we need to take it.”

Eyvris walks back to the main group. “So, how long 'till we leave.” He asks.

“Several things, gotta figure out what you like.”

“Depends on what you want to do with the mine,” he replied somberly

047 was nearby, holding beta