Arcana: the downfall

“I was the only one smart enough to hide. There’s no point in fighting if you can easily avoid it.”

Vienne sighed, and kept walking

“Sounds like the vice of a coward.” Lihem said as he walked up next to Edward.

“Sometimes its the coward that survives while the hero is massacred.”

OOC: @meepinater @TheMOCingbird @Runa @LTVmocs who’s online?

Ooc: me!

Ic: Frostvin rolls his eyes. “Coward or not, we’re not dead yet. So cool down!”

“I’m perfectly calm. All I’m saying is that I’m completely fine in my decision not to fight. It doesn’t make me any less of a person.”

1 Like

OOC: please don’t Mass tag people
IC: as the group kept walking the village drew closer

“And more often the coward is remembered in a less than stellar light, where as the hero is remembered as glorious warrior, which to me is far more important than life.”

“If I’m going to be remembered for anything it’ll be supplying a panicking and magicless world with a new energy source. I mean, not from this specific situation. Just in general. My goal is to either phase out magic with electricity, or replace it in the event magic disappears completely. If neither of those happen, I’ll likely die alone with my machines, remembered by no one but them. Which I am perfectly happy with.”

Edward then paused as he got an idea.

“Although I could find a way to transfer my mind into a completely robotic body and negate death entirely. But that depends on how far I can advance the technology before my end.”

2 Likes

“I doubt Hedat would allow you to do so,” replied Oliver, as they entered the outskirts of the Village

“But if I’m a robot, am I still alive? No. Not in the same way I am now. And yet I could not be killed. Not in a way that matters.”

“you’re cheating death, and Hedat hates cheaters”

“Think of it less as cheating death, and more advancing to a new from of life. Besides, it might not even happen in the first place.”

Frostvin ran ahead of the group to the village.

Edward kept a casual pace, seeing no need to hurry.

Lidwig attempts to ride his cattle to mixed results.

1 Like

The village was quite small, with a temple in the center of the town, and a well directly in front of it. There was a small inn to the left of this, and a tavern to the right. With a small bookshop next to the tavern, and stables connected to the inn. Though otherwise it was just a few houses

1 Like

Edward b-lined straight for the book store.

Frostvin headed into the tavern. “Maybe they’ll have some good tea.”

Lihem headed toward the temple, but Jeromy presided him to go to the book store first.