Arcana: the downfall

Jeromy went out to touch it, but then caught himself, “May I touch it?” He could feel the magic emanating from it.

Saras nodded. “Go ahead, the magic isn’t dangerous unless it is intentionally used that way.” He said, handing it over.

“Thanks.” Jeromy slowly ran his hand across the blade. “So, what’s the enchantment like on it?”

Frostvin nodded. “I like to think so.” He finished his tea, then asked the waiter for some tofu.

OOC: I should clarify the design better: There is no blade. It’s a black hook that is pointed at both ends, and at the end of the thing on the top(There’s a pic of it in the PM, same one as the one with Saras’ armor).

IC: “It can materialize a purple energy chain thing at the top of the hook part, to pretty much any length, and with a small bladed hook on the end made of the same purple energy. I haven’t found a length limit yet, so as far as I know it might not have one. I’ve heard rumors of other abilities as well, but that’s all I ever saw.” He elaborates.

1 Like

“I’d love to see a demonstration.” Jeromy said eagerly. There was almost a greedy look in his eyes, a greed for knowledge.

1 Like

Saras gets up and takes his Hook back. “Follow me outside.” He said, heading outside himself.

Frostvin looked up from his plate of tofu and walked outside with it. “Ooo, magic.” He quipped. “It’s not like most of our group are mages or anything.”

Jeromy hooped on Lihem’s shoulder and two walked outside.

Once outside, Saras gripped the handle area of the Hook, then flicked it downwards, a chain of equal length to his body materializing from the topmost part of the hook’s main body, tipped with a smaller hook that seemed to also be as sharp as a blade.

1 Like

Frostvin created a similar weapon out of ice and did the same thing, although the chain broke when Frostvin tried swinging “Not bad. That’s a pretty good weapon. Certainly better than one made out of ice.”

He chuckles. “Thanks.” He says. “On a related note, will one of you help me train to get good with this thing? If I’m carrying it, it’d probably be a good idea to learn how to use it.”

1 Like

Frostvin created a flail. “Different weapon, same idea.”
Expertly, he swims the flail in a circle and smashed a rock. “Basically, you want to make sure that you keep it an arms length away from you, as well as continuously swinging it and keeping the momentum.”

Saras nods. “Thanks, but I don’t think it’ll quite work.” He swings it as instructed and hits a rock as hard as he can, but the end just bounces off with a distinctive ‘plink’ noise. “Hmm. As I thought.” Saras said. “The chain seems weightless, so it seems to be less smashy, more slashy.” He picks up the chain right below the bladed end. “I guess the only way I’ll truly get good is practice.” He thinks aloud.

1 Like

“Well, yeah… It does slash… so maybe instead of swinging it at the target, whip the chain in a line across it, that way the hook hits the target and cuts it.”
He created a similar weapon and demonstrated, and he left a long scratch on the rock. “See?”

1 Like

He does so, and the blade cuts diagonally through the rock, a purple flash coming from the cut line, and the rock cracks in two there, the top half falling off… “Huh.” He said. “Neat.”

1 Like

“There ya go.” Frostvin encouraged. “Just keep practicing. That’s the key to skill and perfection.”

Edward walked out of the book store with copious amounts of reading material, looking excited as can be. Alpha and Beta followed close behind with even more.

1 Like

Frostvin looked at Edward. “Well, someone’s getting ready for the trip.”

“You could say that. But most of this is for the lab. Sometimes I run through all my reading material and have to stock up on more. Though I will need a way to carry it all. Who has the cow?”

@LTVmocs

1 Like