Arcana: the downfall

The automatons ran inside the temple, and looked for a place they could lay down Edward.

@Ace

Tortwig continued mixing liquids, until she pulled out a piece of scrap metal. She spoke in Kitmaj, and Duo grasped it. She poured a bit of the liquid in the metal, which flashed with electricity. Duo prodded it with his other manipulator, and a spark flashed on the metal. Tortwig grinned. She wrapped the metal in cloth and attached her notes to it, before showing it away in her pack. She looked around at the group. “So what’re you guys doing out here?”

Saras walked up to Oliver. “Hey, I need a favor.”

They’d see a bed nearby

“Yes?” Asked Oliver

He hands him the sword. “I already have a relic on me. Two is just asking for trouble. I think this might be better off in your hands for now.”

He takes it, “thank you for trusting me with this.”

They carefully set him down on the bed.

A few minutes later, Edward awoke. It didn’t take him long to recognize where he was. Immediately he got up and began looking for a shrine. Melissa, Alpha, and Beta followed him.

Saras sees him. “No problem, Oliver. I figured it’s in good hands.” He goes and follows Edward as well, hoping to talk to him once he was done with whatever he was doing.

There was a shrine in the middle of the temple, though it was overgrown

Edward walked up to it.

“Everyone, leave me be. This is going to be… Personal. Alpha, Beta, make sure no one comes in.”

The two robots leave as told. Melissa, while reluctant did the same.

Edward pulled away the plants and foliage on the shrine. He got on his knees and began to pray for Pian Ya.

The god appeared, taking her more normal form of a tall human woman of mixed race and a large togs, “yes?” She asked, surprised to be summoned in that location, before seeing Edward and sighing in relief, he’s okay! “hey, next time you disappear like that I’ll beat you,” she warned in a teasing matter

1 Like

Hearing her words again was a comfort he had missed for a long time. Which made his next words all the more difficult. He rose to his feet and spoke.

“I know what happened. The rebellion, the war, the kings wanting a peaceful resolution, and how the gods stabbed them in the back. But I know you. So I need you to tell me this. I need to hear you say these words. Tell me that you were against the plan. That you wanted to talk things out. Tell me how it was all Lux’s or Hedat’s idea, and that you wanted nothing to do with what happened. Please.”
His tone was cold and forces. He struggled not to choke on his words.

She paused, shame and fear in her voice, “how’d you find out about that?”

“Some ancient temple. We all saw it through visions. It was horrible. Please just tell me you were against it.”
Edward’s voice began to falter and shake. His cold and icy tone began to crack.

“I…I can’t…it was so long ago, we were scared…it was never my intention to go that far…” She muttered

Saras sat nearby, but out of earshot, so as to not betray Edward’s trust.

2 Likes

“Fine. If you weren’t against it, then at least you didn’t support it. Even if you just sat by and let it happen, please… Please tell me it wasn’t your idea.”
Edward’s fists were clenched tightly. Tears began to well up in his one eye.

Melissa could hear Edward getting upset, though she couldn’t understand what he was saying. She tried to peek through the entrance and get a better look.

Tortwig walks over to Oliver. “so what’re you guys doing out here? Normally people stay away from here.”
Duo flew over to Saras and beeped happily, shooting out some confetti and a small firework.

Quadro finished moving rubble and began searching Tortwig’s pack for scrap metal. He found the electrified metal and stuffed it into a hatch on his torso. A loud grinding ensued, and then stopped. Quadro seemed satisfied and said, “statement: ammunition refill complete.”

She simply turned away, mouthing ‘i’m sorry’

“We were getting this,” he said, unsheathing the godkiller, and showing it to Tortwig

Saras smiles. “Hey little buddy. What’s up?”

1 Like