Arcana: the downfall

“Dad.”
She whispered, nudging Edward.

“Dad!”
She whispered again, a bit harsher this time.

“Alright. Alright. I’m up. What is it?”
He said with a tired voice. He sat up and turned to see Melissa, and by extension the robot.

“Oh. I see.”
Edward said, now fully awake."

“What is it?”
Melissa asked, still whispering.

“I don’t know. Doesn’t look harmful at all.”
Edward carefully reached to touch the machine. His curiosity danced in his mind.

1 Like

Tortwig woke up, and spoke in Kitmaj. Duo and Quadro powered up, and Tortwig ate some bread. She stood up and stretched, her tail twitching. She put her blanket away.

Oliver slowly awoke

Alpha and Beta both powered up and popped to life. They both went to go into the tent, but were greatly surprised to see a new machine.

The squid robot let out a strong yawn and stretched its arms out. It then moved upward, hovering a few feet above the ground. Edward and Melissa looked at it with fascination.

“Oh hello!”
Said the machine excitedly.

“My name is Delta. I have been sent by the goddess of knowledge Pian Ya. My purpose is to assist in the care of little Melissa.”

“Wait a minute. Pian Ya sent you?”
Edward asked, very skeptical.

“Yes, the one and only. And you must be Edward. I’ve heard many things about you.”

“You have?”
Edward asked, now surprised.

“Oh most certainly. She went on and on and on about you while she created me. She sends her warmest regards.”

Melissa turned to Edward.
“Oh can I keep him dad! Please!”
She said excitedly.

As much as he didn’t trust the robot, Edward caved.

“Alright, fine. You can stay. But I’m keeping my eye on you.”

“Oh splendid! You won’t be disappointed, I promise.”

1 Like

Duo buzzed over and beeped happily, having heard the new robot.

Ooc: does he remind anybody else of Steel from Max Steel?

OOC: A little. I was thinking 343 Guilty Spark. At least in voice and mannerisms.

IC: Melissa, Edward, and Delta left the tent. Alpha and Beta eyed the newcomer suspiciously.

“Good morning everybody.”
Edward said passively.

1 Like

Tortwig said, “good morning!”
Duo beeped at Delta again.
Quadro said, “Statement: suspicious newcomer. Action: investigate.”
The robot walked over and asked, “query: who is your creator?”

“Hello. My name is Delta. I was created by the goddess of intelligence, Pian Ya. And who are you two?”

Duo gave two short boops, and Quadro said, “statement: newcomer acceptable. Identification: my name is KM-0004, also known as Quadro.”
Tortwig watched as her creations introduced themselves and smiled. “Pian Ya? Nice. Are you run by magic, or electricity?”

“I am a magical creation by nature.”
Delta flew up to Tortwig. Seeing him move was strange, as there was no obvious means of propulsion.

“And who are you?”

“Tortwig! I’m a Kitmaj Artificer and chemist.”

“How fascinating. I’m pleased to meet you.”

Edward began to break down the tent, with the help of Alpha and Beta.

“As an I.” Tortwig replied cheerfully .
Frostvin eyed the newcomer warily.
He walked over to Oliver. “Where next?”

“west.”

1 Like

“Wow, specific.” Frostvin replied.
He shrugged. “Alrighty, then. should we pack up?”

Tortwig pulled out a vial and mixed it with some water, eliciting a pleasant pink glow. “Melissa, come here. I have something to show you.”

Melissa walked over to her. Edward was right behind her.

Tortwig showed Melissa the glowing vial. “See this? There are tiny little plants in there that glow when they are in water.” In response, the light pulsed a little bit. If Melissa were to look close, she would be able to see a fine, fuzzy film on the top of the water. This was what was glowing.

1 Like

“Wow.”
Melissa said.

“Fascinating. I’ve read up on things like this quite a lot, but haven’t ever seen it in person.”
Said Edward

1 Like

“Yes, they’re quite beautiful! Now watch.”
Tortwig pulled out a small dropper files with a clear liquid and let out a drop. The color began to change, pulsing to a hidden beat.

“It’s beautiful to be sure.”
Edward said. Melissa watched, very impressed.

1 Like