Are the TTV Message Boards Dying?

I come on the boards time to time and have been in here since December 2014, and since then like any site the activity has died down a lot and to the point where I only see the same people making topics. What are your guys’ thoughts about this? Is there a way to draw more attention to the boards?

2 Likes

I’ve become more active in later years but I do agree the activity have died down but not to a dangerously low one.

4 Likes

I think it just comes down to the bigger people being around longer. I for one am very active, but don’t make topics very often, so I don’t think that would be a good point of judgement.

That and it could also be possible that different people are making topics, but you only notice a select few of them.

7 Likes

I’m very active, I just don’t make topics to often because I don’t have the time

3 Likes

Without G2 to bring in new people, there isn’t a big influx of new members, but the ones who are already here are a dedicated fanbase, so I don’t think they’re dying. They’re stagnant, not getting more active, but not dying off.

10 Likes

Implying they were active to begin with

G2 ending definitely had an influence. That said, there are always new people – you can look at the actiyity on the Introduce Yourself topic to see that. However, there are some people who make a lot of topics, and others like myself who only conversate and occasionally post a moc or two.

~W12~

5 Likes

HAHAAHAHAAAHAHA

yeah no the boards aren’t dying, some people just don’t make topics or post at all

1 Like

I’ve been pretty on and off over time, and while I do remember the site being more active in previous years, it wasn’t by much

1 Like

RPing is a little too active. That part is kinda expanding. Everywhere else seems to be P normal. Definitely decayed a little after the end of G2

4 Likes

I am on the message board daily. But I only check the newest topics and do not open topics myself. Maybe in the future but for now I am just a passive user.

1 Like

whistles innocently

5 Likes

It is dying down a bit.

2 Likes

As someone who has access to site metrics, I can confirm that daily user visits have been nearly halved since the days of G2 in its prime.

The site certainly peaked when Bionicle was around, and with it gone actively is at 50% of what it used to be.

With that said, aside from the dropoff after G2 activity has been relatively stable for the past two years. Some days are slower than others, and in fact the site is currently on a rise with more active users in the past few months then the second half of 2017.

So has it slowed down? Yes. Is it dying? Site analytics don’t seem to think so.

23 Likes

The main channel doesn’t really do bionicle stuff anymore, so people that enjoy the channel think this place is a Ninjago board or just a Lego board, and then are scared off by the hardcore lore people

EDIT: @IllustriousVar Well, thai is a relief, thanks.

2 Likes

On this particular topic, I started a bit of a community project with this in mind. Something to get everyone involved and invested in.

Give it a look. Hope it’ll get a good amount of support and participation.

2 Likes

That’s good to hear

1 Like

Yes, I would say so.

1 Like

Good. I don’t think we’re quite ready for another three-year-long Ignika story arc.

4 Likes

I pop up every now and then when people are seeking guidance or need relationship advice. I’m going to college to become a teacher, so I don’t have as much time as I used to.

4 Likes

I don’t think the boards are dying. The activity is just in a low period at the moment. I feel Bionicle G2 helped bring in activity, but the cancelation ended up throwing everyones mood out the window.

Given that I also joined during 2014, I can say that I have a good feel for how activity works. Activity spikes when something big happens like how when G2 was announced.

Now time for an anecdote: My activity has gone down because of several factors:

1. I feel that making topics left and right is not a good idea. I used to make topics in the entertainment category left and right. But then I remembered TTV does not have unlimited space, so I chilled out.

2. My topics have poor engagement. My topics never really go anywhere and I end up getting demotivated.

But ultimately there are a lot of factors for decreased activity and it is not that easy to pin down. My reasons are G2 getting canceled and lost motivation, but those may not be the same for others.

Sorry for the tangent, I just felt like elaborating.

3 Likes