Arion, Toa of Shadows

“You still don’t understand, do you? It’s not about that stupid Mask! It’s about the powers that it have combined with the other five! Soon, Helryx herself will shake out of fear when I, Arion, will have the power to destroy this whole unworthy planet! She called me an… Unworthy Toa! We’ll see who is the real Unworthy Toa…”
“Dude! You are edgier that the trailer for Titans!”
-Arion talking to Otto

Hey there guys! Here I am with another MOC!

I was trying a new lightting for my photos, and I think it ended up pretty good! What do you think?

Backstory:
In my main Bionicle Universe, Arion is the brother of Ghabix, so he is Vladin’s cousin. In my universe, the Toa of Shadows are very rare, being the ancestors of the Shadow Takanuvas brought from different universes by a Makuta (I’ve forgot his name). After Mata Nui defeated Teridax, the prototype robot, the one that Mata Nui used as body, was heavily damaged and instead of being separated in the Agori villages, it was sunk in the planetary ocean, forming different new islands (like how the Matoran Universe formed Mata Nui on Aqua Magna). Of course, the island formed on it’s head was named Okoto.
Arion and his family lived on Okoto for many years. At the age of 21, Arion was an energetic Shadow Matoran (or Okotoan) that thought he is the best at everything and everybody should listen to him: he was arrogant, irresponsible, and rude. One day he went in an exploration and he found a cave in the Region of Earth. The cave lead to a tunnel inside the head of the robot under the island.
Millions of years ago, when the robot was built by the Great Beings, the creators made a city inside the robot, like a Metru Nui, but smaller. In the center of the city, there was a tall, tower like building called The Temple of the Toa. Inside, Arion found thousands of Toa Stones. He took as many as he could and run back to Okoto. He gathered his friends, including Ghabix and their younger sister, and used all of the Toa Stones to turn them into Toa. And so a new breed of Toa were formed: the unworthily Toa. Some of the Matorans turned into Toa were never going to became such heroes.
Arion thought he is the hope of the island, that the Great Beings themselves wanted him to find the temple and the Toa Stones. So he went to Helryx, the leader of the New Order of Mata Nui, and asked her to let him and his new Toa army to become the official Toa Team of Okoto and the island surrounding it. Helryx laughed and said no. Arion was furious, so one night, he killed all the members of the Order from Okoto. This is how the First Okotoan Civil War started: it was Arion and his army of unworthy Toa, called Toa Nova, versus The New Order of Mata Nui, the Hero Factory (yes, the HF is a thing in my universe) and some other local Toa.
In the most important battle, the Battle of the Uranis field, Ghabix realized how many bad things his brother has done, and so he abandoned him and the Toa Nova, which lost the war. Most of the Toa Nova were arrested by the Order and the Hero Factory, but others escaped and they are hiding on Okoto. One of them is Arion, who till this day is searching revenge for his brother and his enemies.
That was a long one. Here are more photos:

As weapons Arion was a Cursed Knife that can poison its victims, and a Niggera Blaster, one of the most OP weapons ever. If it is fully charged, it can shot a shadow blast that basically blast up the crap out of you!

However, this doesn’t mean that Arion would not use his fists.

Arion and WIP Otto (ignore his weird color scheme! he is just a WIP!)

A regular morning in Arion’s life.

Arion and Iorik, his best friend from the Toa Nova.

Bro picture with Ghabix.

Ghabix suffering the consequences.

Family picture with Athena, Darven, Ghabix, Vladin and Mirciulix.

I’ve forgot Mark in the family picture.

Together with Iorik and the Mutated Toa version 1.1.

And here he is together with a bunch of random characters! From the left to right we have XT4, Ghabix, Mark, WIP Otto, Mirciulix, Arion, death Ekimu, Darven, WIP Raptor, Razer (Raptor and Razers are MOV of @Kikoa’s characters) and Iorik!

See ya later, bad guy!

I know that he is a very simple CCBS build but I am kinda attached by his character. I am looking forward for any tips and critiques for this moc to improve it! See you later! Have a good day!

12 Likes

The mask doesn’t really feel like a toas.

I don;t really have too many G1 masks, so I use the G1 ones as new, more modern in-universe masks.

2 Likes

He’s not bad, he’s just extremely basic.

At the very least he could use some back armor!

4 Likes

I like this Otto character.

Jokes aside, it’s fairly basic. I think the bayonet’s piece choice looks a little bit clunky, but its not that big of a complaint.

2 Likes

I like the gun and the color scheme, but it could use a little work. Try making it a little more complex. Also maybe a little work on the typing

2 Likes

I like the ideas and design but, like most other people have said it’s a bit simple. I do like the head/shoulders area a lot though, but I may be a bit biased as I really love that helmet!

1 Like