Ask a LEGO Designer YOUR Questions!

Alright, the first bout of questions have been posted.

3 Likes

What was the thought process when it came to ending Hero Factory?

Will we be seeing a larger expansion of the CCBS system in different LEGO lines?

Will there be more then two CCBS lines?

Will the CCBS system be going anywhere anytime soon?

Will we see a return of Vehicles and large, technic based Titan sets?

1 Like

How do think Lego style has changed over time?

1 Like

What are some set concepts you have developed but chose to save for a latter date due to it not fitting a wave’s theme, lacking a part to streamline it, etc.?

1 Like

Sales.
I thought this was common knowledge.

3 Likes

Is there any possibility of a G1-G2 Connection?

I know it was, but considering that it was not doing super horrible, I am asking if there are any other contributing factors. (Such as the return of BIONICLE)

Not really, kids aren’t stupid. For example, in G1, sure we got the hordika and rahaga and such, however we still managed to get (mostly) consistently good-looking sets, with play value.
Hell, even in G2 we have good sets, look at the toa from both years! I mean, when I was a kid, I didn’t buy a set because I knew it had good play features, I bought it because I saw the set and went “that looks cool! I want one!”
I just can’t do that with any of the new sets, besides (maybe) Umarak Destroyer.

I’m not saying that. Just that younger children are more likely to enjoy play features than older fans.

5 Likes

True, and I’m not saying don’t use the play features, just pay a bit more attention to the set’s aesthetic. I mean, these beasts only need a few corrections and they’d be fantastic! (i.e. storm beast’s hands, use original hand pieces with small beams or something, Quake beast could do with a few less colours and toned-down asymmetry, perhaps rather than having to use the new crystal piece use a few smaller bits, like the flame piece from last year.

2 Likes

Are the odds of us seeing the return of LEGO Galidor above 0.0015% yet?

5 Likes

What influenced some of your design choices, like making Ketar a scorpion or shaping the Mask of Creation the way it is?

3 Likes

It wasn’t a replacement, it was a theme. Just a theme.
And if Lego just wanted to use it as a test, having it for five years seems like a poor choice.
I find those questions a bit dumb.

MY QUESTION:
Will Hero Factory ever receive a reboot in the near(ish) future?

Will Bionicle G2 have a “prequel” year?

I want this. Real bad. METRU FTW

1 Like

Will we get a rahkshi like bad guy? Or at least one designed to look similar to them?

1 Like

What are your favorite designs from Bionicle’s past?

What new features would you like to see added that aren’t in the pipeline already?

1 Like

How do you designers create an aesthetic without bypassing the budget?

Is it possible Lego may make system Bionicle sets?

If possible, could there be a D2C for Bionicle?

What are the requirements for becoming a designer? Graduation? Demonstration of Lego skill online? Living in Denmark?

2 Likes

Very curious to see the answer to this question.

2 Likes

Do you actually consider how useful the pieces in a set are useful for MoCs? Even at the age of 4 this was my main concern when buying a set, except possibly sheer piece count/complexity.

(also, while newer sets have been better at this (ball joints) than older ones, the newer set’s color schemes make giving MoCs a cohesive color scheme more and more difficult just using new sets.)