Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra Discussion Topic

I agree completely. Especially for Book 3–everything came together so perfectly, and it felt like the series had reached a perfect endpoint. That’s another thing I admired about TLA: the creators knew the story they wanted to tell, and they avoided filler as much as possible. Both Avatar and Korra felt like real stories, not just shows that drag on due to popular demand and eventually putter out. The creators had more respect for their work and their fans than to make something that could be milked to its last drop and then discarded.

1 Like

Yeah. Like, TLA had filler episodes, but they were to build the world up, while Korra was mostly constricted to the storyline.

Oh are you in another country? Because America doesn’t have the two series. They had TLA once upon a time, but now they don’t.

That makes sense. Why do other countries get different stuff than others? It doesn’t matter, though. I have both series on DVD.

Am I the only one who watched The Last Airbender first?

1 Like

The art style in the first couple TLA episodes is a bit shoddy. But as I said before, it gets better. It’s never quite on the same level as Korra, but Season 3 gets pretty darn beautiful. [quote=“Toa_Heatwave, post:209, topic:391”]
I believe TLA also used a different studio than LOK…
[/quote]

Korra had a different animation studio in the first part of Book 2. The difference is noticeable. As for TLA vs. Korra, I’ll have to look into that…[quote=“Invader39, post:212, topic:391”]
TLA had filler episodes, but they were to build the world up
[/quote]

Even The Great Divide? :wink:

Not at all. Me and my sister got into ATLA around 2009. I have distinct memories of getting hyped up for Korra’s premiere and each new season afterwards. Fun times…

4 Likes

Nope. I did as well. I actually got into it right before they initially announced Korra, so I went right from watching ATLA to jumping on the LOK hype train. It was magical… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well I actually saw TLA when it first came out in '05, just like DW, but when I decided to start watching the show again, I watched Korra first.

2 Likes

I really need rewatch the series, I saw all of ATLA through its original run (I remember watching the first episode the day it came out actually.) and it’s reruns. I was watching Korra when if came out regularly but the TV company I had dropped nick for a long time because they didn’t want to pay so much for it, so I missed everything besides the first three episodes, season two only had the first episode air once, I watched that. I wasn’t told it moved online, so I missed it. Then the finale episodes aired and I watched them, and I only saw a few of S3’s episodes because not all of them where aired under said company. I missed all of S4 besides the finale yet again.

1 Like

Well, at least you got the good ones. LOK’s Season 3 and 4 finales were epic!

Indeed

1 Like

Not to mention the Footloose episode (even though I liked it.) :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Let me just say one thing…
Tales of Ba Sing Se: The tale of Iroh
THE FEELS MAN

2 Likes

Huh. Me and @Political_Slime were just talking about this last night. I find The Headband extremely interesting because it shows the Fire Nation propaganda machine in action. Also, it helps to show us that the entire nation isn’t completely evil. Plus, like most ATLA “filler” eps, it has some great character and comedy moments. Like this:

7 Likes

Sure, but they could’ve done that while also telling a story that had lasting consequences/tied into the overall story more. The episode does do the things you mention, and it does them well, but most of the focus is on the plot about starting a secret dance club. If they’d gotten rid of that and had a main plot that advanced the story more while also giving more development to the Fire Nation and its people, I think it would’ve been more interesting. That’s my problem with season 3: season 2 became highly serialized after the first few episodes, but then season 3 reverted back to having more standalone “filler” episodes until the midway point. Most of them are good, but most of them aren’t great, either. I think, overall, the show would’ve been a little better if they’d kept things more serialized.

2 Likes

I get ya. Though the “filler” nature kinda fits with Team Avatar’s objective at that point: they’re literally just hiding out in the Fire Nation waiting for the day of black sun to arrive. There’s not really a “main plot” at that point of the story IMO.

2 Likes

Unreleased tracks! Nice!

3 Likes