Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra Discussion Topic

…and I’ve finally finished LOK.

2 Likes

thoughts?]
in my opinion s1 is fine, s2 is god awful s3 is god-like and s4 is great

1 Like

Take out the love triangle (like eliminate it COMPLETELY) and you have a pretty decent start with Book 1. Also, I LOVE AMON!!! The probending stuff did get boring at times, but I especially loved the scene when Amon just burst in and took out everyone and left. [7.5/10]

Book 2 was all over the place, I dislike the concept of Raava and Vaatu, and the Civil War subplot should’ve been the main focus; it was pretty interesting but was barely touched upon at all. Tenzin and his family were great this season. Although they lacked pretty much any substance, both of Bolin’s subplots were entertaining. Unalaq is the worst villain of the franchise aside from Sparky Sparky Boom Man; his motivations weren’t even clear half the time. Avatar Wan episodes are my two favorite in all of LOK. [5/10]

Book 3 was pleasantly entertaining. Zaheer was awesome, and so was the Red Lotus (that’s one killer theme song right there). Tenzin vs. the Red Lotus is a masterpiece of a fight scene, and Original Airbenders is a really really underrated episode (my third favorite in the show). I had some high expectations for the season finale, but in all honesty I was slightly underwhelmed by it. About the same level as ATLA Book 1: Water for me. [9.3/10]

Book 4 was pretty alright. Honestly, Kuvira struck me as just a less intimidating female Ozai. In hindsight it could’ve been worse but I’m not really a fan of the giant mech thing or any of the mechs or fancy new technology for that matter. Varrick was great, and his section in Remembrances had me rolling :joy:. I initially didn’t like Prince Wu at first, but he became better over the course of the season (honestly aside from Korra, the only character to actually get development this season). I thought Korra’s self discovery arc was pretty good, and I liked the scene with her and Zaheer. Korrasami came literally out of nowhere with barely any indication, which is a reason why I believe none of the ships in LOK, not just this one, work out in the end. It’s either lack of screentime (Kai/Jinora) or poor chemistry (any ship involving Mako). [8.7/10]

Overall, ATLA is definitely the superior show, no questions asked. But LOK definitely does have its merits, and can be pretty good at times.

3 Likes