Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra Discussion Topic

I’m not sure if there are plans for a Korra comic just yet. But, the next Avatar comic trilogy, Smoke and Shadow will be released on September 23, 2015 :smiley:

4 Likes

Wanna talk about them? This is a discussion topic after all. :smiley:

2 Likes

Could you elaborate a bit more on this? I’m just interested, that’s all.

1 Like

Batar Jr didn’t see Kuvira as the sociopath she was, and had his own motives to unite Earth Kingdom. After all, he didn’t want to get pulverized by a magical tree beam.

I endorse hiding spoilers.

3 Likes

Any elaboration on why

2 Likes

LGBT?

oh.
Oh…

Yea…

please do not hate me anymore then you already do.

don’t worry
you are fine.

back on topic

I dunno, painted lady didn’t bother me

but the ending of it did

if the painted lady did exist, why didn’t she help the village before team avatar arrived
hell
she could have helped katara

2 Likes

Yea…maybe she is just a fat, lazy jerk.

1 Like

looks at painted lady
I don’t think she is fat.

4 Likes

goodbye any chance of you surviving on tumblr

On topic, I’ve never seen either show.

3 Likes

watch them both
start with TLA

3 Likes

cracks knuckles

It’s time to get my debate shades on. :sunglasses:

Yup. A bit overused.

I loved Wu. He was funny, but also had a surprising amount of depth. He wasn’t just comedic relief (though he did that extremely well).

I really enjoyed Asami and Hiroshi’s Book 4 dynamic. The death was a bit rushed, but I think it tied things up nicely enough.

Very good point. I mean, it’s not like the leader she was betraying had some way of sensing metal or something… /s

So true. Kahi and co. made a fantastic point about that.

A bit. I wish we saw more of Zuko in particular. But Toph and Katara were great in Book 4.

Any narrative/storytelling reason you have for this?

They can’t all be gems. :smiley:

He kinda did beat the heck out of Aang. Aang was getting pummelled for a good part of the fight.

More Zuko would have been great, but I was very happy with what we got. And remember, fights that sound cool don’t always make the most narrative or character sense.

2 Likes

I’m going to pop in here and say that I agree with Raptor here with disliking the ending of Korra, though perhaps not for the same reasons.

Perhaps I never noticed it, but from what I remember there was little to no indication that KorraSami could ever be a thing. With the original TLA, it was very clear throughout the series that Aang and Katara would become a couple. Thus, we as an audience were happy when that relationship was confirmed at the end of the series. With Korra, IMO, the ending causes more confusion than anything else.

2 Likes

Adding to that, I’ve heard people say, “oh, well there were scenes where Korra and Asami displayed friendship that could also be interpreted to be displays of romantic interest!” Um, no. First off, there’s kind of a huge difference between friendship and romance. You can often tell pretty easily when people are just friends or are romantically interested. Nothing either of them said or did (until that very last shot) indicated any romantic feelings as far as I can tell.

3 Likes

Tell that to all the people that think I’m flirting with a girl when I’m not.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m biased because I read the tumblr blog explaining Bryke’s choice and then rewatched Book 4, but I saw several “Korrasami” moments. Korra blushing at Asami’s compliments springs to mind.

Not all of us. You ever heard of Zutarians? :stuck_out_tongue:

See my first reply.

What who means?

2 Likes

The same could be said about any character from any series. Blushing at complements does not necessarily indicate romantic feelings; rather, it simply states that a character is grateful for what another person said to them.

(AKA the thing that had all of one episode to even slightly confirm it :P)

2 Likes

True. I think it could easily be interpreted either way. It all depends on what angle you see the episodes through.

Yeah, rabid shipping is weird like that.

2 Likes