Avatar: The Last Airbender/The Legend of Korra Discussion Topic

I always saw it as Korra and Asami getting along better then back in the day.

2 Likes

But there never was really much substantial conflict between them post- early-Book 1.

Yea, but it seemed (to me) that it was just them becoming friends.

1 Like

Like I said, I think it’s up to the viewer’s interpretation. The creators intended it one way, but fans are free to experience the show however they please.

1 Like

Yea…

But that fails when you get to the end.

I suppose. But there’s always canon-defying fanfic! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah, I have my own things to write.

I didn’t think the environmental message in the painted lady was quite as forced as people say. It definitely is there but could have been much worse. It didn’t really detract from the flow of the episode, the over arching plot maybe but one offs are a good thing to have in a series lake Avatar. Overall I’m fine with how it was handled.

2 Likes

Agreed. I think that Katara’s character arc was the much more prominent part of that episode.

4 Likes

Has anyone read some of the recent The Last Airbender-era comics? They’re available on YouTube for those who are interested.

Edited Title -legomaster

1 Like

No, But I may have to when I get back.

1 Like

I’ve read all of The Promise and The Rescue, and the first two parts of The Rift. I found them rather annoying.

1 Like

Don’t you mean The Search?

Yeah, those graphic novels have lots of elements I don’t like. The drawing style is pretty true to the show, but many character expressions irk me and wind up making the characters seem much younger then they should be. I also think the bending doesn’t translate very well into a static comic panel format.

And don’t even get me started on Katara and Aang’s “honey” thing. shudders

1 Like

So, after reading this whole topic (it was a doozy) I have come to the firm conclusion that I must re-watch TLAB, or at least it’s first season. The other thing I would like to mention, and the real reason for this post is that after watching the finale of Korra, and then Immediately re-watching the end, as I was a tad distracted, I never noticed, nor even considered the possibility of KorrAsami. In fact it wasn’t until the TTV talks that I heard about it. So, I don’t mind if you call me stupid and run me of the internet, I honestly just saw it as friendship. Also before you start I know that the creators intended for it and confirmed it, but honestly I just didn’t see it…

3 Likes

ATLA holds up amazingly well.

I only watched about four episodes of TLOK, it wasn’t really for me.
I can’t say whether it’s a quality show or not.

Also, I feel like leaving this here

5 Likes

http://m.memegen.com/j2eecx.jpg

Man, if there’s one thing ATLA did to near perfection, it was making us feel for the characters.

Korrasami is definitely something that changes depending on the angle you watch it from.

4 Likes

I don’t like KorraSami. It felt like they put it just to say that they have characters with different sexual preferences. I have nothing against different sexual preferences, and I think KorraSami would have been great if they actually showed us that really liked each other prior to the ending. Now the show was spoiled for me, and I knew that the relationship was going to happen, and I kept my eyes out to see if there was any chemistry. The only scene that sorta shows KorraSami for me was the ending of Season 3. Besides that, Avatar: TLAB and LOK are my favorite shows of all time (Same with Spectacular Spiderman :P)

6 Likes

Hmmm, maybe it’s because I was looking for it on my 2nd watch of Book 3/4 but I saw quite a few “KorraSami” moments.

Also, that meme/comic is gold. :laughing:

1 Like

I can’t blame ya; it’s definitely not for everyone, and it’s not as good as ATLA. Though it started getting noticeably better in season 3 (IMO), so if you ever get the urge, I’d recommend starting there.

1 Like

Yup. Heck, is there even much you’d really be missing by skipping the first two seasons? It’s not like Korra’s character evolves much… :wink:

2 Likes