Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

Okay this may seem strange but hear me out. when I watched rise of the rookies for the first time and it showed the flashbacks, my mom believed Thresher died (so did I) so she was not sure about it and then she could not wrap her head around how Lego can die. when I was watching Ninjago she was not sure about it ether…

so share!

16 Likes

Wait what…

As in… ?

4 Likes

When my friend and I were 12, we decided it would be funny to attach a 3-long technic pin to the crotch of one of our bionicle sets, then connect it to the front end of another.
Mother walks in and asks us what we were doing out of curiosity, not suspicion, and we cleverly replied that we were trying to come up with new ways to MOC.
We never tried that again.

27 Likes

That’s a very…interesting way to MOC. :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

I once had to explain Nuva Boobs to my mom… That was fun…

22 Likes

when i watched NSSD’s videos…

shudders

3 Likes

I’ve had to explain to my dad what the difference to BIONICLE and Hero Factory was, and why I preferred BIONICLE when they’re the same, with just different characters.

:stuck_out_tongue::

:stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Who’s that?

3 Likes

DawnofNSSD. nobody you should know about.

4 Likes

Ok than… time for a google search

5 Likes

NO STOP

jk

5 Likes

Well, I guess I’m just immune to anything the internet throws at me, because that wasn’t terrible

5 Likes

Ranaki’s Mom: Ranaki! What is the meaning of THIS?

Points at Nuva boobs

Ranaki: What’s wrong? It’s just a Bionicle MOC…

Ranaki’s Mom: I know that you can be pervy from time to time, but THIS? You are creating SEXUALIZED TOYS for christ’s sake!

Ranaki: Come on, it isn’t that bad…

Ranaki’s Mom confiscates the MOC and Ranaki’s computer.

20 Likes

WE BELIEVED HE FRIGGEN DIED!..and my mom wanted us to live sheltered lives…so that was kinda…heh…she was a little worried until she watched some more…but Bionicle 2…YEESH!..

and with Ninjago she had to make sure it was made by lego and not a fan thing…but that would be my little bros fault…

and my mom was not pleased with the return of bionicle…

5 Likes

I don’t see the bid deal…

… … … …

Um why?

5 Likes

uh. yeah so?

2 Likes

Not so much that he died…just how…he was shot, and she did not want us to see that kind of stuff…keep in mind that I was like 8…

well we went christmas shopping and she was wondering what I wanted. I said Hero Factory and she rolled her eyes I said it was the last one I wanted. at that point my older bro chimed in and said that Bionicle was coming back and it had a goofy art style and one voice actor…she screamed "WHAT!!!’ and all most slammed on the brakes…

9 Likes

… … 8 year olds see robots dying from much worse usualy

Does she hate Bionicle?

10 Likes

My parents weren’t exactly loose with what they let me watch, but I watched Indiana Jones when I was 8 :P.

3 Likes

everybody i know has seen much,much worse stuff at 8 years old,and their mothers didn’t mind

my little brother who’s 6 years old watches the Transformers movies q:

4 Likes