Awkward LEGO-Related Thing You've Had To Explain To Your Parents?

I love how most of the awkward explainations here are the classic adults vs toys idea. It’s not Lego but I had to explain why I spent 100 dollars on a complete, unstickered, near mint g1 Optimus prime.

6 Likes

One one and one word only.

Roodaka.

Okay, maybe a should specify Roodaka in Bionicle 3.

I’m glad I never bought the set.

6 Likes

My parents bought me roodaka back in 05, I think that’s more awkward than anything I’ve ever had to explain to either of them.

1 Like

Love is not canon in Bionicle

-greg

4 Likes

my mum and my dad saw roodaka and so did there friends

1 Like

Aw roodaka. I’m convinced whoever her designer was they were a pervert.

2 Likes

maybe? But look at Gali Mistikas design! She looks more manly then onua! Plus rahkshi boobs actually look good on her and for the first time a female character that is a set looks female!

1 Like

Moving on from Gali and Roodaka…

So back when Ninjago was airing in 2012, we should all know that my name is Jay. My mom knew I liked the blue ninja (whos name I never told her, but if you don’t know, it’s also Jay). I was watching the new episode and my mom was there too, then someone mentioned his name.

The next 5-10 minutes resulted in me explaining that me and him having the same name had nothing to do with me liking him. Neither was the color blue. Painful stuff.

Oh yeah, then there was a re-airing of ‘Double Trouble’ with the Bad Boy Jay and Nya scene. She was there too. Ay yi yi, that was terrible.

3 Likes

I had to explain to them why all my Bonkles were so scary and gruesome looking and what I found so appealing in them. This when I was 6. And these were the same parents who wouldn’t let me play HALO at 15 years. Or watch American Horror Story until I was 18.

3 Likes

“Yes mother, I did buy two copies of Princess Sofia’s Royal Castle.”
“They were half off.”
"Want one?
“No?”
“Well fine, I’ll have to go win this Makuta Contest myself.”

Awkward conversation before I built Grand Sorcerer Makuta, a moc that uses Duplo parts.

16 Likes

Could’ve just said “It has parts I need for my contest entry and it was half off”

3 Likes

I was really nervous about the whole pridak blood thing back in the day, but my parents found it more funny that I thought they would be upset more than anything else.

3 Likes

Never tell a woman you are buying something for yourself.

4 Likes

Daawwwww

1 Like

So, the placement of the red pins on Kiina’s torso is…unfortunate. I know because my parents noticed. As this was '09, and my first set was Tarduk, I did not have any other female Bionicle sets to prove that this was…uncommon.

2 Likes

The fact that almost any Lego on clearance is good Lego…

4 Likes

Even duplo…

2 Likes

Ok, maybe not duplo. I’ve never seen it on clearance anyway.

2 Likes

The mocists on the boards say other wise.

I have seen really good mocs using duplo.

3 Likes

@theconcersationaboutpeoplegettingatyouforlikinglegoatyourage: LOL, I just don’t tell anyone XD

1 Like