Ayen, the Reflections of Nature

Ayen, The Reflections of Nature

“Ayen is an anomaly of nature. While Masters of Jungle have made their occasional appearances, Ayen seems to breathe in their very nature, feeling for the life she holds power over. Some say that she is actually made of plant life rather than the biomechanical makeup of other Toa.

As she is not one of the six main races of Matoran, Ayen settled first with the Ko-Matoran, and then with Le-Matoran, when she left Talis. She possessed some affinity for plant life even before becoming a Toa, so the jungles of Le-Erkelon are a fitting home for her. As Toa, she rose to become the deputy of the Toa Vihagu, and in many cases the strategic orchestrator of the team when Zerkah’s lack of planning became problematic.

Ayen, The Reflections of Nature

Ayen has two distinct personalities which she alters between fairly regularly. Ordinarily, she is one of the most caring and nurturing individuals one can meet, and often playful and adventurous. But when pushed into a negative situation or after a traumatic event, she grows hostile and aloof - sometimes venomous. One can take note of her form by analyzing the vines on her back - a vibrant green when light, a sickly black when dark.

Ayen - Dark Form

Notably, Ayen is the only Toa Vihagu who is regularly unarmed. Her life-based abilities, including orchestrating the actions of plantlife and accelerating biological repair, require no tools. In her darker form, the only form in which she is seen fighting offensively, she often uses a pair of whips formed from dead vines.”

"Dark Power"

Ayen was not featured alongside the other Vihagu in 2016, outside of a few WIP pictures on Flickr. I made the decision to quit MOCing as she was in progress. If I had finished her at that time, off the heels of Shaju, I believe she would have been my best MOC.
Ayen is still basically on version 2, while the other Vihagu are on version 3.5 or so. I worked on her once I had made enough progress on the others, giving her a halfway new torso.

Solar Power

In future I want to streamline the torso further, and give her a better shin design. Her current design was made sometime after I posted the pictures of her WIP during that fateful July of 2016. I’m considering bringing some dark green into the mix as well, depending on what I have left once I finish Mokatu.

"Treetops"
Comments and Critique appreciated.

41 Likes

That looks awesome! I really like the smooth simplistic look. I also really like the torso design the shaping is really well executed.

The gold is kinda distracting for my taste, yet the aesthetic with the vine wraps around nicely. Though the leg could use some bulkage. :green_book:

1 Like

The green looks very good. I like those tentacles in his back

Her back.

Ok, sorry… She doesn’t really look like a female

1 Like

Frankly I like everything about this. Interesting mask choice, I have yet to find a good occasion to use it myself so it’s nice to see it in action. I like the gold included and the color changing vines are a rad idea. I don’t see a reason to beef this up or add extra texture or anything. I think this is a well put together and balanced build.

1 Like