Barraki, Mahri-Nui - ART ART ART! [Worldbuilding] [Pitch] [Art] [Character]

That question might be irrelevant.

They most likely just programmed the prison to contain the prisoners in and alive. The prison itself would do that independently of Ekimu’s or Makuta’s interference, so, when the island would sink, the prison would know that the prisoners would not survive it, thus releasing the mutagen to keep the warlords and karzahni in and alive.

1 Like

To clarify, are you saying that, hypothetically, if the prison were to have somehow get flooded with a poisonous gas, that the prison would adapt the prisoners to be able to survive in those conditions? (In essence, allowing general adaptability to survive in any environment as opposed to just being prepared for the prison to go underwater?)

2 Likes

Indeed, that is what I meant.

3 Likes

I may be wrong, but it seemed that the problem Omega_Tahu was having is that the pitch was phrased to make it sound as if the mutagen was intended for water specifically. The logic follows that if they put in a failsafe for if the island sunk, why were they expecting it to sink? Why not just put the island somewhere where it wouldn’t sink? Having the generic mutagen fixes this; it’s a general ‘just in case’ as opposed to preparing for a scenario they shouldn’t have seen coming.

2 Likes

That works, although from a practical standpoint, I don’t know why they would give the prison said abilities if they never expected the prison to sink or spring a leak. I guess it could be there to stop possible assassination attempts, like poison gas, but the guards and nearly impenetrable prison would most likely stop the assassin before that. Basically it works, but I don’t see why it would be incorporated unless the brothers spent the time to think of every possible problem that could occur.

I personally think the idea that Karzanhi excrets the mutagen/mutates the Barraki is the best option, just seems to fit a bit more.

Basically this, but it still seems unneeded with all the other defenses and precautions put in place.

We have to point out that this is one of the Three Brothers contained in this prison. One of three beings that created this world.

If you were to put the president in a house and keep him secured there, so nothing could get to him, would you be satisfied with just regular soldiers at the doors? No, of course not.

You would equip the prison with security cameras, barricatable windows, reinforced walls, etc.

I am just saying that this solution also makes sense.

1 Like

@Omega_Tahu: Maybe it adapts to any form of damage that is inflicted upon the prison. In the hypothetical scenario that zealots of Karzahni try to force the prison open with elemental attacks, the prison would simply adapt to become immune to those attacks.

However, this immunity would diminish over time (if the danger has been absent for a certain period of time) as a means of conserving and redirecting power for more important things.

3 Likes

It already is on an uninhabited island… And they wouldn’t be ordinary soldiers either…

That makes sense, the question is why it would effect the prisoners inside?

It does, but seems bit more unrealistic than the mutagen just being excreted by Karzanhi.

Well, Ekimu and Makuta would know that it wouldn’t be uninhabited forever, they don’t need mask of alternate futures for that.

And even with elitest of elitest soldiers, you would want to have more than them. Also, don’t catch me on my words, that was only a mere example.

Three possible explanations as to why the prisoners survive:

1. It’s just Karzahni’s open wounds seeping into the water around him. The mutation of surrounding life is entirely accidental, or Karzahni intentionally opens his wounds underwater to allow the spread of the mutagen.
  2. The prison is designed to keep its prisoners alive at all costs, including from outside forces trying to kill them. If the outside world suddenly drops below freezing, the prisoners inside will be altered to survive comfortably in the cold. Underwater, they grow gills and fins. In scorching heats, adapted to release heat from their bodies more efficiently. Since this world would most likely have seasons, this would work fairly well.
  3. Karzahni can’t be killed by something like drowning, so he (being one of the Three Brothers) adapts to survive underwater. The mutagens in his blood would seep from his wounds into the now-flooded prison and get absorbed by the prison, which would consider it some kind of toxin. Due to the “toxin’s” unnatural existence, the prison would adapt indefinitely so that it permanently mutates its inhabitants, or as long as they are within range and then an extended period of time after leaving said range.
3 Likes

Alright! I have to thank you all for this long and amaizing discussion. I never expected to spark such interest.
This does not mean it should end, though! Keep adding your ideas!

I will start doing individual pitches for each of the characters. I even wrote a very short story about Pridak and his character. It probably will not match the quality of @DarkMaestro’s stories, but I don’t think it is bad, either.

The story will be released tomorrow, after that, I will start working on detailed descriptions of each of the warlords.

By the way, I even tried to do a sketch of Pridak’s mask, but failed horribly. I should probably stick with writing…

1 Like

Yeah, but I can’t really think of any new ideas to deal with the problems. Goes to check one the problems one more time Oh, wait

Maybe it’s because of the plentiful resources, they have everything they need right there and wouldn’t have to worry about importing it?

Or it’s one of the most remote locations, separated from the mainland by a considerable distance, to prevent anyone from easily accessing it?

But then how would the matoran find it… It works, but it can’t be one of the most remote, because that reduces the chances of the matoran finding it.

Well, we all know how Americas were accidentally found by Columbus. (Note that I am not saying “discovered”
Maybe they tried to navigate a new trade path to a different part of the island, maybe it was found by a complete accident, a ship blown off course by a storm, maybe.

1 Like

Guess so, although the further out and remote it is, the least likely it is to be discovered. I guess balance is key.

Is the island in this pitch located in the center of Naho Bay? That would make it remote enough to be separated from the rest of Artakha, but close enough not to be undiscoverable.

Indeed it is, I placed it there because in another pitch I have already seen that Karzahni is imprisoned on an island in Naho Bay.

EDIT:
I edited the thread with much more detailed description of the first four warlords. The other ones will come later. For now, you can enjoy much better and interesting pitch!

EDIT2:
Added images!
Added descriptions for Mantax, Carapar and Nocturn!
Also added a very important paragraph of character development for Takadox! Check i out again!
Enjoy and please respond with your own ideas!

1 Like

I think Mantax is currently my favorite.

So, does this mean Pridak is the ancestor of Izotor or Kualus? Or a distant relative?

Well, I was thinking of two options.

1. Pridak indeed comes from the same dynasty as Kopaka: When League was beaten, the throne of Ihu was given to a distant relative of Pridak

2. Pridak is not of the same dynasty: The Ihu throne was given to a family of noble blood in Ihu that rebelled against him.

I think option 2 makes a bit more sense. Although I like that maybe Pridak and Kopaka would have something in common.