Be careful of #DeleteArt13

The #DeleteArt13 is fear mongering scam. And I fell for it hook line and sinker.

I sincerely apologize for spreading this misinformation. I’ll keep the post as a warning and I’m using myself as an example.

Read the real Article 13 here. Provided by KAI_BORG.

10 Likes

Moved to Internet-Miraku

Holy crap. Time to go spread the word.

2 Likes

This is obviously not good news.

1 Like

I don’t live in the EU so this won’t affect me, but I don’t want this to happen.

5 Likes

Oy, read this.

https://kaiborg101.tumblr.com/post/174639061055/important-the-eu-is-about-to-destroy-the-internet?is_related_post=1

- Language warning

4 Likes

Well now. And I thought the net neutrality thing in the states was bad.

1 Like

Read my post.

1 Like

Wait, I don;t understand. What is this thing?

1 Like

Tl:dr They want to make it harder for people to link stuff and post on forums such as this one

1 Like

Why?!

1 Like

Dunno, to monitoring what we see online

1 Like

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52016PC0593

2 Likes

I feel this an act that would destroy a major piece of the boards, which is definitely important to talk about.

Meanwhile, I am glad I don’t still live in Germany!

5 Likes

£^(&!#&! It’s fear-mongering!

3 Likes

I don’t and won’t pretend to have a deep understanding of this proposal.

I don’t even live in the EU, so it really doesn’t pertain to me.

Because of that, I feel inclined not to get involved with the petition, but if the proposal does indeed result in what people fear it will, then I do seriously hope the EU’s justice system will shoot it down.

4 Likes

It won’t, going by other research/explanations on it, this is mainly fear-mongering.

2 Likes

In somewhat related news, apparently Net Neutrality was officially repealed today here in the U.S. Though I doubt the effect will be quite as drastic as this. With hope, it won’t go through. I don’t know a whole lot about the EU political system, but I’m sure there’s something that can be done to prevent this.

1 Like

Europe? More like, eur screwed lmao

1 Like

i love your silly posts. amazing.

Found out about this a while ago. Glad to find a way i can help. Kinda.

1 Like

It’s really not.

2 Likes