Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

Disappointing? I would always love a new color!

1 Like

It’s a nice color, just you can’t use it with existing LEGO pieces and colors. I’d rather have sand green bootleg shells than shells in a new color of green, but either would have their uses.

3 Likes

You can buy more sets, and so you have more pieces in Bootleg Green.

1 Like

This green guy is actually a really decent bootleg so I would consider buying one.

2 Likes

I would like to buy one too, but I don’t know where.

1 Like

Oh you’re right! I thought you were looking at the back of the legs. I wonder if that will help with the stability issues? Probably not.

1 Like

I dont think so, but it will help make it more accurate to the reference picture

1 Like

It’s really, really close to 2015 Lewa green. It’s a fraction of a shade off though. I’ll post a pic later where I swapped his feet. See if you can tell the difference.

3 Likes

Is the color closer to Mata or Master green?

1 Like

Must. Have. Hands.

Where did you buy these guys from? Aliexpress?

Also, can you show us their skeletons? The last two you posted seem to have non-traditional upper arms and/or bodies.

1 Like

I just posted the link on post 1551

2 Likes

why does this one actually look great

2 Likes

A link for the green guy please:)

1 Like

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Bionicle-Hero-Tahu-Mask-Maker-Skull-Grinder-Model-Building-Blocks-Boys-Kids-Bricks-Compatible-With-lego/32821849033.html?spm=a219c.10010108.1000013.12.47693981HQq4lv&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_6_82199_new&scm=1007.13339.82199.0&pvid=bbc26588-3492-4d76-90ce-a8ec04dc80a3&tpp=1

I was at the space needle and they sold bootleg space needle LEGO architecture sets. No joke.

3 Likes

I’m ready. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not a very high bar, which is a little sad. A fellow on 4chan was “reviewing” a similar set that came with a sword like that; apparently, it doesn’t even have connection points on it. Definitely more than a little bizarre.

Really? Were they fairly high-quality or similarly packaged to genuine TLG sets? I’ve never seen those, and I’ve been there many times…

3 Likes

Here’s the gray guy’s skelly

@Rocka99 And here is how the Lewa green looks with the bootleg green. I mean it’s so close it might as well be the same. Both the feet and the mask are official Lego parts.

17 Likes

All these recolors.

They’re beautiful.

7 Likes

They looked exactly like TLG packaging but there was no LEGO sign on it. Just Brick Built or something like that.

5 Likes

Fascinating. They weren’t some legitimate competitor like those folks who make tiny interlocking bricks that essentially just look like scaled-down LEGO?

3 Likes