Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

I didn’t know Chuck Norris was once Deadpool.

2 Likes

Chuck Norris…oh please. Call me when John Cena has a fig.

No. Don’t say that. Those very words can open Pandora’s Box.

4 Likes

Strange that it hasnt already since got bunch of other characters.

1 Like

I need that.

1 Like

Inb4 Pewdiepie and Keemstar minifigures.

2 Likes

So I was on vacation recently and ran into Lego Bootlegs I had never seen before. After some searching, I haven’t found them anywhere online, so my and my siblings bought one of each kind they had there. Missing one of them, so aside from the back of the boxes and what pics I took with a phone for the little stand, don’t have much for the blue one. Anyways, here are the strange dinosaurs.

20 Likes

that actually looks amazing, 10/10 would buy 'em

3 Likes

Yes yes the boxes are quite pretty, but I wanna see the actual bricks and the construction if it matches the box art and Lego quality.

Those minifigures are all decked out, cyborg style.

Also rip T-rex.

4 Likes

Those look really interesting, I’d love to know about the quality of the pieces themselves.

2 Likes

“Super god” is by far the best one. “Free play, can spell out more and more cool styling!” Is such a great tagline. You don’t see Lego spelling out styling now do ya?

2 Likes

found these while doing a search

8 Likes

Where did you order the sets those are from?

1 Like

‘Streetview’ has gotta be my favorite name so far. Speaking of which (sort of), can anyone explain to me what a ‘tutelary’ is?

1 Like

Here’s Merriam-Webster’s definition Tutelary Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

2 Likes

Game store one looks quite useful for any custom city.

Also that truck with a Lepin logo, lewl. They have no shame (]X

3 Likes

Your wishes are granted. I just finished building the orange and yellow ones, my brother built the red and purple. We didn’t do the green as we plan on sending that to someone else, so sorry about that.

Anyways, the pieces themselves are quite durable. Too durable in fact. They are very hard and hurt to put together. The big white spikes are completely solid, unlike the more flexible ones of true Lego. The spikes are hard and sharp enough to cut a person’s hand open, as I found out from experience.

However their clutch power is not good. While most of them stay together if you shake them really hard (minus the red one), put small amounts of pressure anywhere on them and they fall apart. Especially bad on the tails of course, but that’s expected. Unless it’s flat panels or even the triangle wedges, which are near impossible to remove. Similar situation with the pins, once placed in it is impossible to remove.

And the plastic itself is not as refined. There are little plastic flakes coming off pieces with peg holes and misshaped pieces all around. They are not as squared as Lego pieces and do not line up properly. Many pieces have miscolorings, smudges of some greyish-brown in many of the pieces, almost look like burn marks to me. Some of the visor pieces are also beat and scratched up. The pegs are also really poorly molded, having most of these errors. However I was unable to take pictures of them as my camera could not focus on them.

And the instructions, my goodness the instructions. They are terrible, don’t even bother trying to use them. The box is all you need to build them and more accurate. So overall, not great. Pics of the dino models and scans of the instructions below.

14 Likes

Those are actually pretty cool.

2 Likes

Thank you for a detailed look at these sets! I really like how each kit is a 3-in-1 with an additional combo model. It seems like good value, but that is clearly offset by the poor quality of the parts.

Again, many thanks.

3 Likes

Hellow welcome to kulta bootleg reviews from magical world of China.
I recently acquired a set from AliExpress base on everybody’s favorite spooderman .
yes the Chinese are beating Lego to their game with new recolors and designs.

As of now I haven’t seen anybody review this specific figure AKA superior Spider-Man the only one.
This it came from the KSZ brand which previous sets were lego ideas Star Wars cuscoo ultrabuild. I currently own Boba fett.
Now for bootlegs sometimes you get recolors, example for this set you get following pearl gold sw armor for legs, umarak horn pieces in pearl gold, trans red 2016 brain ,custom printed spider Man logo onto red sw armor and new spider man mold for the head.

The build is very standard somewhat between starwars and bionicle design.
Overall his size is 24 cm so between Darth Vader and makuta
Over the set is very good quality for knock off, only wish back of legs where covered.

22 Likes