Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

These are some of the best looking knockoffs I’ve seen. How are they priced?

1 Like

@Hawkflight They’re about £25 on amazon,

1 Like

that’s a lot of money for a tiny bootleg

Have these Ninjago CCBS figures been posted already? I tried searching but didn’t see them.

White

Green

Red

Blue

I feel like I already have every one of the parts I see here, except the sashes. Unless there’s a special torso piece under there. I don’t know, what do you guys think - anything new here worth picking up?

16 Likes

blue has been posted before, not the others, it was in an actual store and it came with a box

something that you guys make want to keep in mind if you want to buy these;

they have exacly the same build as rey, which mean that every piece that came with Rey is repainted here

3 Likes

That’s a very good point. I think the most attractive pieces are the colored sash and the printed chests. IMO that’s not enough to warrant a purchase.

2 Likes

The Lloyd one has some nice green recolors, but that’s really it.

2 Likes

Well someone liked the Rey set.

2 Likes

So I got this guy. You might be wondering “why is he laying down on the carpet, Meso, instead of posed like a normal figure?”

Well, my answer to that is, unfortunately… it takes a miracle to get this dude to even stand up on his own two feet. I’m not sure if my set was just a fluke (I’ll presume it was as the other poster who bought these sets reported no issues), but my set is full of flaws and loose parts that make it borderline impossible to pose. The axles connecting his limbs constantly slide out of their connectors, the sockets are loose and wobbly, and several of his armor shells don’t properly adhere to the bones and pop off at random.

That being said, a lot of the parts are neat and I don’t regret getting it. I’m hoping that mine was just a fluke. I’ll have more photos and a tragic backstory writeup for the guy to share later.

-Mesonak

20 Likes

Of course that is to be expected with a bootleg.

However, I do wonder, how are the hands?

3 Likes

They’re cool, I’m not as wowed by them as others, personally, and they were a pain to assemble, but they’re very cool and I’d recommend any MoCist whose interested to try and get at least one pair.

-Mesonak

8 Likes

Because your doing a review style like nicknack118/LegoMationStudio.

I’m curious what will you do with the flesh tone hands-

8 Likes

I purchased it. On the whole, the weapons bring in some mildly innovative ideas as well, so I’ll be interested to see what’s up. If nothing else, it’s a great parts pack for less than 8 USD.

-Azani

Y’know, I would agree. This is one of those “cheap bootleg, cheap recolors” scenarios.

My experience with bootlegs sold me on a pretty solid (no pun intended) idea of why, yeah, but man…

Kapura’d over here, was just about to say that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

no, it’s just these ones, any other bootleg has more friction that a regular lego set

2 Likes

THEY HAVE FINGER SPINNERS!!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately I think the weak axles are a recurring trend. I watched a review of a similar one and it continually fell apart as he was reviewing it. I think the shells and limbs are fine, however.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I must’ve either gotten really unlucky or some of them are sub-par too, because several of the armor pieces don’t even fit onto the bones and pop off consistently, and some of the socket joints are weak as if they’ve been cracked. Alas!

-Mesonak

3 Likes

the hands are always amazing tho

2 Likes

Oh dear, that doesn’t bode well for the one that I ordered… :confused:

1 Like

I had the same issue with the ball joints sliding off their axles. I think it’s because the bootleg axles don’t have any friction ridges on them. Either that or the mold is just off. The worst part is the upper arm connection to the shoulder. It’s just a very wonky design.

I did not have the issue with shells popping off the bones though. I found all of that stuff to be really good quality in each of the ones I bought. In fact this one is the only one I didn’t buy from the set.

Getting them to balance is a little challenging, because the way they attach their custom pelvis to the hips of the CCBS torso frame is poorly done. But I didn’t think it was that bad.

Unfortunately I think the weak axles are a recurring trend. I watched a review of a similar one and it continually fell apart as he was reviewing it. I think the shells and limbs are fine, however.

@ReeseEH This has been my experience to a T. Even going back to Hero Factory sets that I bought last year.

4 Likes