Best Of LEGO Bootlegs

on the topic of using acetone to get rid of prints off lego pieces, would you say that acetone is good at getting sharpie off plastic? If so, would nail polish remover work?

2 Likes

if you want to remove sharpie you should use a dry erase marker and a piece of cloth, that works really well

you can use acetone if you really want to, or alcohol

2 Likes

Enlighten Building Block Creation of the Gods DEMON BLADE TRUCK 3 Figures 341pcs Educational Bricks Toy Boy Gift

Huh, these blades actually look quite interesting.

13 Likes

the heck is that “theme” it’s even more random than nexo knights

8 Likes

Indeed.

Master Wu’s… turtle?

Enlighten Building Block Creation of the Gods XUANWU SCOOTER 2 Figures 146pcs Educational Bricks Toy Boy Gift

9 Likes

those guys make some amazing new molds and prints

3 Likes

I’d be interested to see if their prints are as good as what they look like on the box.

Honestly that’s one credit I’ll give to bootleggers; their quality has increased so they aren’t total trash nowadays.

1 Like

I cant really see the prints, but Im going to say something, this thing is totally worth it for 9€ with free shipping, if this was lego it would probably be 30€

8 Likes

Dang. Has anyone done a review on them? (or is the image you have there from a review?)

1 Like

it’s from the ratings over at aliexpress

1 Like

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Enlighten-Building-Block-War-of-Glory-Castle-Knights-The-Battle-Bunker-9-Figures-1541pcs-Educational-Bricks/32813818177.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.25.23a9903Y6sKrR&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_13_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=7c471ec6-9a02-405a-bb08-1e34cce06590&tpp=1

They’re making better Nexo Knights than Lego…

seriously tho I would have taken this over Nexo Knights

24 Likes

Hey, that’s pretty good.

1 Like

Wow, that is really cool! Are there any figures though?

1 Like

Yeah, you just have to follow the link.

1 Like

wait wait wait it’s a giant transformer?

2 Likes

Man you would not like the Transformers fandom.

For the record, if bootlegs can be made at more affordable prices on par with Lego’s quality (or better), then maybe Lego should compete to make better products that earn the consumers’ appeal back.

Lego’s rep is only being in hurt in that they’re being shown up at their own game with some of these KOs.

5 Likes

I would agree with this sentiment.

If Lego is not making things that I want (like poseable hands and recolored parts) then I am willing to buy bootlegs in order to get the products I want.

I would say that it is not right to buy from a company that actually rips off Lego by directly copying sets and box art and the like. However, I think that these sets (while reusing very similar molds to Lego) are at least making their own designs with the figures and sets (well, most of them…), and therefore are a step above low-life rip-off bootlegging companies in my eyes.

2 Likes

I get what you mean. But the thing about complete bootlegs of prexisting sets is that you usually get out what you put in.

If they’re much cheaper, you’re probably gonna wind up with cheaper plastic. Duly deserved. Common sense dictates that if a price is too good to be true, it probably is, and that’s to say nothing of blatantly obvious copyright-avoiding names and labels. They’re easily avoided. If you actively want the cheaper price, you get the cheaper quality. If you want the premium price, you get the premium quality. Yadda yadda yadda.

However, in those rare situations where the bootleg is on par with the set it’s mimicking, or even surpasses it, then that’s just shortsighted business on Lego’s part. That’s beating them at their own game, and the smart consumer should seize the opportunity for a better product. Hardcore brand loyalty breeds monopoly. If you value getting the best experience, then support the better product.

This has been a thing with Transformers for years (which is why I brought them up earlier). Companies like Kubianbao and Weijang have made KOs of bots that either match the quality of the original toys, or surpass them with bigger sizes and new features. It’s only smart consumerism to get their products if they’re more bang for your buck, and if Hasbro sees this as a threat, they should up their own standards to win over customers.

When two companies compete to make the better product, the only definitive winner is the consumer. That’s my two cents.

######Someone let me know if I’m getting too political here.

3 Likes

apparently they also figured out how to make shot legs that can still be bent, lego really needs to start catching up

Also, i think we might of just given enlighten a bunch of free advertising with this thread…

3 Likes

I mean when the bootleg sets have parts that aren’t from Lego(like those really crazy looking BIONICLE bootlegs called Final Fighter). Or they look just different enough because they made them look unique. Then I’m fine with them cause they literally aren’t just the official sets in extremely low quality plastic.

1 Like