BioCraft: The Island of Mata Nui and Skins

Hey @Eljay, do you know if this download works with the Technic Launcher?

1 Like

Really enjoying the map so far! Quick question though: Eljay, why are cheats disabled? I enabled them using NBT Explorer, but I seem to remember you guys using cheats during some of the Biocraft videos from 2013 or so. The only reason Iā€™m asking is purely because of spectator mode, which is helpful for finding stuff underground.

(used a gold sword since itā€™s the only one that matches & weā€™re still waiting for the texture/resource pack)

2 Likes

I always hated minecraft.
until now

4 Likes

How to activate commands in a command-less world:
Step 1: Open to LAN
Step 2: Set land world to cheats ā€œonā€

This will open up commands in the world as long as itā€™s open to LAN.

1 Like

Hey guys, I hope youā€™re all enjoying the map. Iā€™m still proud that we finished it and finally released it. Now, on to the next fun bit of work.

I know a lot of you were hoping for a Resource Pack, and I wish to deliver it to you. However, Iā€™d like to make this more of a community project.

Right now, my plan is to rework weapons, some items, and mobs. Basic things (such as grass, dirt, stone, etc) will remain the same. Other items will be modified (such as lanterns, which became lightstone lanterns, or torches, which become lightstones) while still looking like theyā€™re from Minecraft.

What I need your help with is one of two things.

A. Give me a suggestion for what Mob should be which Rahi. It has to be a Rahi from 2001 to 2003.
B. Make them yourself! If I like it enough, Iā€™ll throw it in with credit to you.

Either way helps a bunch. Suggestions are fine since I can just make the skins, so donā€™t feel as though you arenā€™t contributing if thatā€™s all you do, it all helps in the end.

So get cracking, and thank you all so much!

9 Likes

Cows=Mahi, I donā€™t think thereā€™s much argument here.
Spiders would probably be Fikou. Maybe cave spiders could be Kofo Jaga?
I donā€™t think thereā€™s a Rahi for skeletons, zombies, creepers, or endermen.

1 Like

I was thinking Sheep could be Mahi and cows can be Mukau.

1 Like

But Muaka are dangerous. Though sheep to mahi actually sounds pretty good. Maybe cows could be Kane-Ra or that other bull-like creature?
Taking inspriration from a different resource pack, the nether would make a great nui-jaga nest. The wither could be the queen, and ghasts or blazes could be the insects.

1 Like

He meant Mukau, literally the Mata Nui Cow.

2 Likes

Oh, sorry, my bad. I knew what Mukau were, just read it wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: Thatā€™s the bull-like creature I meant.

1 Like

No problem, I do that all the time, easy mistake to make. =P

For the record, I do have a few skins but Iā€™m still waiting for opinions and suggestions before I say theyā€™re permanent.

4 Likes

Endermen can be Tarakava. Just throwing that one into the mix.

3 Likes

Oh boy, something that is outside my skill-set :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Like the idea due to the shape, but unfortunately water are the Endermanā€™s weakness, so that wonā€™t work unless there isnā€™t anything better.

4 Likes

Perhaps Wolves should be Muaka.

Due to their nature as an ā€œeliteā€ hostile mob I think endermen would make decent Rahkshi or shadow Toa.

If the later years were involved skeletons, and zombies would have easy conversions.

A spider could be an enlarged fikou.

2 Likes

Maybe Rahkshi, their flight abilities can be transitioned into the teleporting and the Endermanā€™s block stealing can be chalked up as them looking for that perfect block for their collections. As Turaga Vakama said, ā€œThey are seekersā€¦ā€ What do you think?

1 Like

Rahkshi arenā€™t Rahi, and there were only six on Mata Nui, so weā€™ll pass on those.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™m at a loss. What kind of thing in the Bionicle universe/beastiary is thin and can be seen a teleporting I mean, if we allowed matoran into the mix it would be Kapura. Who needs a Kualsi when Kapuraā€™s on your team? Sorry, had a rant there.

1 Like

Spiders = Fikou
Cows = Mahi (or alternate Kane-ra skins)
Wolves = Muaka
Polar Bear = Muaka (cubs are muaka cubs)
Endermite/silverfish = Hoto or Hoi
Parrot = Taku

Just some suggestions but the minecraft mob models donā€™t really correlate to all the basic models of the Rahi like Tarakava and Nui-rama.

2 Likes

I wish I knew how to model and mod so I could make the rahi.

1 Like