BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

There’s a line by Vizuna that all but says it.

~W12~

2 things that very much nterest me

1. the Mask of Time here is the upper half, that’s confirmed, whether the other half is here or is the G1 Vahi is still up for debate, though I’m thinking it’ll probably be the G1 Vahi

2. The Festival of Masks, I don’t know what this is but it sounds like culture and that’s cool

3 Likes

I had my own little head-canon that an event like this was what caused Makuta to go over the line and forge the MoUP. Something like an awards ceremony mixed with rite of passage with a dash of religious rituals. Basically in my mind Ekimu’s masks were greatly honored and Makuta’s masks were ignored or cast aside, causing him to leave in rage.

Whatever it is I’m sure it will be an important part in the next graphic novel. Ekimu and Makuta’s brotherly relationship and split is something I hope gets explained.

4 Likes

This whole “festival of masks” thing reminds me of an excerpt from one of those old Bionicle Samodelki comics I found on Biomediaproject

Direst translations:

Header: The Mystery of Mata Nui!

Text on blue: Ga-Koro
When Gali had been telling Lewa of how she came to the island of Mata Nui, she mentioned Ga-Koro. It is a village constructed of really strong seaweed. It floats on water on the background of the beutiful white cliffs of the Gali bay.The village is situated over the underwater world of which so little is known.

Text under the Mata Nui map:
During the journeys described in this edition, Lewa acquired another mask, the Kanohi Matatu. It is a mask of
telekinesis. It allows the Toa to move objects with the power of their own mind.

Text on the right, on red, header:
Of everything in the world
And in the meantime, let’s familiarize ourselves with the masks which surround us in our world.

Black-and-white mask text (on green, top):
Here is Harlequin before you. In this mask and costume he participated in the carnival at Venice.

Sun mask text (on dark blue, right):
Take notice of the amazing colors and shape of the Mask of Sun. Try to make such one at home.

People in gondola text (on yellow):
These people are going to a masked ball. They disguised themselves so their friends can guess who is who.

Giant mask text (on green-left):
Some masks are so big they close the wearer completely. look at this amazing mask.

Text on blue, left:
You can try to make your own mask on the Internet: Marvelous Masks - Enchanted Learning Software

I’d be nice if the comics they make in the future included something like this; it’d actually be educational :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

From all the spoilers everyone is posting, the new books seem pretty good.

Can’t wait to get meh hands on 'em!

2 Likes

Just ordered both books from Amazon.

also got the Satsuki Kiryuin Figma figure but no one would care :laughing:

Did anyone read the new novel that came out yesterday???

I mean seriously, does any one else think that love will be more prominent in gen 2. (Korgot <3 Vizuna)

Also, what are some thoughts on the cliff vultures and the giant snake? Will there possibly be online instructions on how to build either of them?

Another thing, when Ekimu says the names of the old protectors, do you think we will ever know what region they were from?

4 Likes

I personally think that doesn’t really matter or affect the story that much.

I kinda wanna make a MOC of it, but I fear I won’t have enough pieces.

It is bothering me so much that I don’t know the regions of the old protectors. Idk why.

I think a moc of the giant snake would be cool to see. (Starts building).
In the book it describes the snake as having large armored scales, they could be replicated with a ton of CCBS shells.
What I don’t like is how they are calling these creatures snakes and vultures instead of Kuna and Husi which is more unique to the Bionicle universe. (I know that the name kuna was changed to bog snake but still).

Do you think that the cliff vultures could be the new G2 Nui Rama?

5 Likes

Honestly, I thought that was where they were going with those two, Might still be.

Why would Windham write about a question, only to have it set in our heads, and then have that question be ‘can you teach me how to use your elemental flame bow?’

2 Likes

i won’t get the book and the graphic Novel until January 4th… :frowning:

read it but could you refresh my memorie where it said the mask of time is separated?

The graphic novel has it in the back

Looks like our pal Merlin Mann got what we all wanted for Christmas :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How nice of Lego to send him a card.
https://www.instagram.com/p/_6TFHMSWJX/?taken-by=merlinpmann
“merlinpmannBest @lego christmas card ever! Thanks for making this a bionicle2015 year! Looking forward to enjoying bionicle2016

A toast to this man, to his obsessive writing, to his love for the fans. You made the 2015 ride all the more fun. Thanks for everything!

13 Likes

Awe, thats so sweet. Also that Card.

Speaking of the Graphic Novel, anyone else think the various “chapters” had different artists?
And why is Lewa’s Keetorange colored Lime green?

~W12~

Maybe they ran out of yellow ink :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

*Keetorange ink.

1 Like

Wanted to throwback G1?

1 Like

Is green becuase Geewun is the best!
All jokes aside, there have always been little differences in the comics/graphic novels. Take 2007 for example, the Mask of life was drawn differently. Not sure why they do it though. I don’t mind it.

4 Likes