BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

How many of yous have gotten ‘Revenge of the Skull Spiders’?
For those of you who have, does the writing seem less rushed?

From the summary I read, the protectors seem pretty brutal.

1 Like

I’ve read it; definitely much more of a thorough read than the previous book. The protectors kick butt. They seem to have infinite ammo though :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s like the Fire Nation tanks, they probably use their elemental energy as ammo.

They have limited elemental energy so I guess that’s where it goes to. Moar ammo far da protactas

A new take on Onua’s infamous 2015 animation line.

24 Likes

This is beyond beautiful

2 Likes

Guys there is a missing 2015 mask that hasn’t been released.

While browsing lego’s bricks and pieces section I found that all of the 2015 set’s masks have a number given. The toa have 1-6 the protectors have mask 8 with 7 variations and the skull spider mask is 9. Summer 2015 masks have 10 and 12 for the skull masks and 11 for the MoC. There are no other masks I can find. Which raises the question

7 Likes

That really is interesting. Could it possibly the Mask of Time, produced ahead of schedule?

9 Likes

mask of time confirmed for time travel /@\

10 Likes

Oh let me goooo-ooo-oooo-oooo-ooooo!

Man, things were great back then. I renember squinting at the leaked display stand pics and thinking “Is that Kopaka? There’s no way but… it looks so similar…”

4 Likes

In the 2015 animations the villager says “when the stars align”, but it’s pretty obvious that the carvings are of planets, not stars.

I would say most ocean locked landmass inhabitants might not know the difference I mean the protectors know but they are part of the elite. An average villager might not know.

Well, the Babylonians knew the difference over 2,000 years ago, and their seafaring experience was pretty slim. An average villager would know the difference if he or she ever went on a long sailing trip off the island.

We have no idea what lies of the coast of Okoto, if anything, though.

1 Like

The Babylonians also relied on sheep livers for guidance.

4 Likes

Recorded in 2014:

3 Likes

I just noticed something.

If you notice, the animations state that the Toa have never before seen him, yet they remembered who he was. How is this possible?

And yet if you look at Revenge of the Skull Spiders, it is stated that Ekimu used the Mask of Time to look into the future and see the arrival of the Toa.

The question remains, though: how in the world did the Toa remember Ekimu if they never saw him before? Is there some weird time-travel stuff going on or where the Toa “programmed” the memory of Ekimu?

9 Likes

I think in the books it’s established that the protectors taught the Toa of Ekimu during their trip to their golden masks.

Right, but it said they had clear memories of him, which in a literary sense means they knew what he looked like.

1 Like

I assume it simply means that they haven’t seen him since they got amnesia.

1 Like