BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

Everything may have been Jungle, but just as there are elemental creatures each villager has his or her own element as well. The population might have been united, but they were not one. There isn’t a rule against having a different element, or being somewhere that is made up of a different element than your own. The various Okotans aren’t shriveling up or changing elements just because they were removed from their elemental regions after moving to the City of the Mask Makers after all.

1 Like

It never really states that the Mask of Creation and the Mask of Control were made by Ekimu and Makuta, does it?

They just… had them.

Remember, only the power of the Mask of Creation allows Ekimu to create Masks of Power.

So how could Ekimu make the Mask of Creation if that is the specific mask he needs to make Masks of Power?

Maybe this is where the Mask of Time comes into play somehow?

5 Likes

Well if we’re looking at the size comparison between skull warrior and villager… they may have. Are they even the same species?
Otherwise, you’re absolutely right. A more primal Okoto where the creatures were worshiped like gods, and whoever you worshiped determined your armor color, would actually be pretty sweet.

I like to think it was their (absent) father who made the masks. Buut that would pretty cool if it turned into a paradox.

1 Like

Maybe… ARTAKHA?!
:scream:

1 Like

The City of the Mask Makers is in the Region of Jungle, actually.

4 Likes

Maybe we should leave it a secret.

For now it’s a mystery and I like it that way. Personally I couldn’t care less if they revealed who made the masks or not. Like you did, we can make head canons, and that’s what I like about it. Plus does it even matter to the narrative? I don’t think it would do anything too different to the actual story.

2 Likes

I thought it was the Region of Water because that’s where it was on LEGO.com.

So where does it say that it is in the Region of Jungle (I want to know because that makes sense about the Temple of Time)?

Is it in the book?

Hm, they’re conflicting. BS01 says that BIONICLE.com places it in the Region of Water while Island of Lost Masks places it in the Region of Jungle.

Gosh darnit LEGO.

HOWEVER, in TJtO, when they leave the Ancient City it appears it’s surrounded by jungle.

So idk.

2 Likes

What if Ekimu and Makuta “fell from the sky” like the Toa? Having no memory, this could have been the life they carved out for themselves, also not knowing their past. Who knows? Maybe they were once Toa like beings and felt no need to fight at the time being, so they turned themselves into Otokains, basically.

1 Like

No in RoSS they say that the Mask Makers were born.

Can Okotians naturally die too?

I assume they do. They have a bunch of graves.

2 Likes

You know, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense for the Toa to leave Okot to go on adventures on different islands, later on.

1 Like

It’s on the border of both of the regions

1 Like

Water=Docks Docks=Shipping Maybe being near water enabled them to have stuff shipped to their door.

Amazon in G2 cofirmed

4 Likes

I think you’re forgetting that before the “great cataclysm” the entire island was just green and didn’t have the different regions.

2 Likes

I always find that odd because then why do you have six Elemental Protectors? And how did Makuta use all the elemental forces if it was only Jungle?

1 Like

I imagine the island was less “all-jungle” and more of a Mata-Nui esque island with less dramatic elemental regions. While the books say the Jungle region was the only one unaffected it doesn’t say all the other regions were like the Jungle in the first place.

5 Likes

yeah, i like to imagine the same, like the island of Okoto was not a pure jungle island, but it was probably more like Mata Nui, more balanced of where the different elemental based regions are:

i hope someone can make an edited image of Okoto, in a style similar to Mata Nui.

7 Likes

Yeah and then the “Great Cataclysm” divided the Regions. I like it.

1 Like